Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pregnant Massage

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Pregnant Massage

I have a question and would like to hear from somebody with past experiences with this. My wife and I are expecting our first, but for the first few months we will be living apart (because I'm in the middle of some Army training). We always try meeting in the middle about once a month. This is our way of keep "date night" alive and having romantic get aways. We are getting ready to start planning our next meeting trip, and I really would like to give her a massage. So my question is, Is there a particular massage oil that is better to use? Most times I just use lotion, but would like to try oils out this time to add the extra little bit of romance to it. So what are some good massage oils that you have used and enjoyed? I would like advice on what to try and what to avoid. All advice is very much appreciated.

On very happy and excited expectant father,trying to do something nice and helpful.

• Personally, I don't like oils because you get all sticky afterwards. There are massage gels that I like. Also, you can use powder. Baby powder should do the trick. However, if you are planning to get frisky afterwards, you may want to stick with things that will taste good as well. Check out some of the sex stores for specific ones that taste good too.
    Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

• KY touch massage. We've got the unscented, warming kind. I don't like smells and my wife is always cold. It works really well. It's a "personal" lubricant too, so you don't have to worry where it goes if it's going to be a happy ending.
      "Those sowing seed with tears
      Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• i think if you googled your question you will find some good stuff. Best of luck for your next meeting trip.

Comment

• Because she is pregnant I would stick with unscented if she is sensitive to smell and maybe opt for light scented candles that you know she will like which will go well with you wanting to create a romantic mood. I don't care for oils too much though and prefer lotions, but as previously posted there are plenty of options out there if you want something that can also double as a lubricant or something that is flavored....all depends what you are really looking for.You can also look up online certain techniques for prenatal massage that she will love My husband got me one when I was pregnant with our 2nd and it was wonderful, mostly focusing on the legs, feet, neck, and arms, since depending on how far along she is she won't be able to lay on her stomach so you can focus on her back.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
          • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          Working...
          X