Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I Pregnant?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Am I Pregnant?

So I've been having many symptoms of early pregnancy. Nausea, sore breasts, metallic taste in mouth etc. Therefore I thought I might be pregnant, I took a test around a week before my period was due which I knew wouldn't give me an accurate result but did one anyway. This came back negative. A week passed and I still had symptoms and just didn't feel myself. Two days before my period was due I came on and this confirmed to me that I wasn't pregnant and the symptoms were just a coincidence. Although I was only on for 2 days which was unusual for me. I researched that this could be implantation bleeding. I'm so confused and still don't feel myself. Don't know wether to buy a test or just see how I go? I can't stop thinking about the fact that I could be pregnant!!! Advice please

• Symptoms of pregnancy don't show usually show up until a few weeks AFTER the missed period - usually halfway through what would have been your next cycle. Anything before that is likey just a premenstrual symptom; they are generally the same as pregnancy symptoms.

To calm your nerves, absolutely take another test. The test you took before your period was likely accurate - it is amazing how soon pregnancy can be detected, even by cheap pharmacy tests. A test taken after the period is already due (or has already arrived) is very, very accurate and you should trust the result completely.
    <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• Hello and welcome sister at this digital reliable platform. I am totally surprised to see that you are facing same situation like me. This is a golden opportunity in my life to help you on basis of my personal life experience that guide you right path to achieve your target and clear your doubts in easy way. I am one of the lucky women who got a supportive husband that help me in this difficult situation very well. I want to express kind heart thanks to God to understand my problem and provide right path to achieve my target that fulfill my whole life happiness. You are not alone. There are 20% women who are facing difficulty in natural consuming all over the world. Today we are living in advance work with less physical activity that create hormone imbalance in body that is main factor for multiple failure of natural conceiving. We consult with the popular gynecologist at Kiev to solve out my problem in medical way.
      It is good signal that you are aware about your health that create win-win situation for you to overcome all play all type of pregnancy related problem at early stage. I am feeling proud to help you. You should choose reliable way to test your pregnancy at your home with pregnancy test with early morning first urine that clearly indicate red and green signal for you to make appropriate planning at early stage. You should maintain your body and mind free from stressful situation with powerful yoga and meditation to get proper balance in body and mind. You can easily create win-win situation for you with healthy lifestyle and balanced diet to provide proper blood supply and appropriate nutrition to body to defeat this horrible demon problem in your life.

Comment

• Hey folks, this is a thread from 2013. The OP has never returned.
        "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Hey. I agree with those who responded. The nausea, vomiting and general unpleasant sensations in the stomach, which many women experience, can spoil all the joyful feelings associated with pregnancy. At the first stages of pregnancy, impeccable digestion is rare, but in your power to significantly reduce the perceived discomfort.
          I have a short gestation period, and I feel great. But I'm afraid of morning sickness, which, as I heard, many pregnant women suffer.
          The intensity and duration of morning sickness for each woman is individual - just like the weight gain.
          The two main troubles of morning sickness are increased sensitivity to smells and aversion to certain foods. Some smells can "act directly on the stomach", causing a vomiting attack. Some women are particularly irritated by pungent odors, such as the smell of garlic, fish or coffee - no matter how they reacted to these foods before. Others complain that the usual home smells, which did not bother them before pregnancy, suddenly began to cause strong dislike. The smell of a dog living in a house suddenly becomes more "dog-like". Favorite perfume can cause a vomiting attack, so you have to run to the bathroom urgently. Even your favorite food can not get into your throat, because its smell causes a vomiting reflex. Some women even disgust the normal male scent of their beloved spouse.
          Fasting can aggravate the cycle of nausea: a woman feels nauseous and does not eat too long, then overeats, and as a result of it tears.
          Morning sickness is usually associated with food, but sometimes it occurs for no apparent reason. Some future mothers notice that nausea appears at a certain time of the day, while others all the time feel bad.
          Some women cope with nausea, suppressing them with strong-willed effort. Others are relieved to vomit, and they do not resist her urges. .) Some need to sleep longer, because additional sleep helps them overcome morning sickness.
          If you have mild nausea, shortness of breath, dizziness, a feeling that you do not have enough air, or fits of vomiting, you can consider yourself a "member of the club."

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
          • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          Working...
          X