Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When should I take a pregnancy test?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• When should I take a pregnancy test?

I'm currently about 2 or 3 days late, I was supposed to start my period the Friday or Saturday just gone, and this is the first time I have missed a period. Me and my boyfriend did have unprotected sex several times during my fertile week, so it is likely I could be pregnant.

I bought a test the day I missed my period and it came up negative, but this was later in the day. I've read you can take a test as early as the day of your missed period and that it's better to test in the morning, therefore I'm going to take the other test tomorrow morning. But if it comes up negative again and I still don't get my period, when should I next take a test? I've been getting symptoms like nausea, loss of appetite and I've been incredibly weepy and tired (even when I've had plenty of sleep), but if I was pregnant, I didn't think I'd be getting symptoms like that so early into the pregnancy.

Any advice? Thanks

• Even the least sensitive test should have come back positive on the first day of your missed period if you were pregnant. If you think the first test was wrong, you can keep testing daily, but you hurt nothing by waiting more time between tests. Honestly, save your money and wait as long as you can between tests. The symptoms you're getting are probably not from pregnancy if you aren't getting positive tests results - those symptoms are often caused by the same hormone that the test identifies.

Remember that even a very faint positive test result is still a positive test result. Look closely at your tests during the suggested time limit, then throw them away somewhere you can't access them (it's easier to misread a test after the time limit.)
    <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• That's what happened to me! I was due on a Saturday, by Tuesday I knew something had to be up. I kept feeling like I just started my period; yet it wasn't there when I'd check. Took a test that next morning and it was there, a little faint but still visable, took a digital one as well and it said 'pregnant'. I would say take a test tomorrow... it should be long enough to tell... if it shows negative and you are still late Saturday, take another.

Good luck!
      { Wit beyond measure is a lady's greatest treasure }

Comment

• That's exactly it! I keep feeling like I've started or I'm going to start, but I haven't yet. The test I got the other day had 2 in it so I'll take the other tomorrow morning.

Comment

• What were the results?
          ~Catwoman~

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

Today, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

Today, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

Today, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

Today, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Do You Play The Postcode Lottery?

I do! Although I have not won anything yet. Still, it is worth the chance of winning some money.

What about you? What are your reasons for...

Today, 02:53 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

Today, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

Today, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

Today, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

Today, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Do You Play The Postcode Lottery?

I do! Although I have not won anything yet. Still, it is worth the chance of winning some money.

What about you? What are your reasons for...

Today, 02:53 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          Working...
          X