Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Took out my nuvaring and am trying to conceive

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Took out my nuvaring and am trying to conceive

Hello!

So very recently my fiance and I decided that we want to begin trying to have a baby. I use NuvaRing and prior to last Friday we have talked about how badly we want children but have tried to be rational and tell each other we want to wait another year or two. Well last Friday we decided we wanted to just start trying and see what happens. Also, note that he is in the military and we don't live close yet (about 10 hours apart) so we had the weekend together and that was it. So Friday I took out my NuvaRing and he didn't pull out anytime we had sex on Friday evening or Saturday. We have agreed that I shouldn't put my ring back in so that it wouldn't affect any chance of conceiving. However, on Monday (3 days later) I began bleeding and I have been bleeding for two days now. It is like a light period in consistency and is dark (sometimes the blood is actually red). The problem is, I have no idea what this could mean or what it even is. Did taking my NuvaRing out mess up my cycle and ruin any chance we might have had at conceiving? Is it possible that I could be having implantation bleeding already? Overall, my main question is, even if I seem to be having a period, could pregnancy still be possible? Should I even bother taking a test?

• If you took your ring out before the usual time, it could have confused your hormones and caused an early period. Plus, there may have been enough hormones in your system on Friday and Saturday to prevent pregnancy. My guess is you aren't pregnant.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
    X