Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are Your Thoughts?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• What Are Your Thoughts?

There have probably been many similar questions asked on here, but I haven't seen any that really helped with my situation. I had what I considered my period about a week earlier than usual and it was lighter and shorter than usual. (It usually comes the same time each month and I usually have to use super plus tampons with a pad to keep from making a mess and usually lasts about 6 days.) This one was much lighter and lasted about 4 and I never really felt like I usually do when on my period. Ever since it ended I've been feeling bloated. I feel nauseous at times when I eat. The thought of pregnancy has crossed my mind because I had similar symptoms with morning sickness with my daughter. Peppermint seems to help ease it. Peppermint also helped with my first pregnancy. I took a pregnancy test the other day before work, but got impatient after about 2 minutes and threw it away. I got curious after I got home from work and looked at it again. There was a light pink line in the test area, but didn't think it was really anything to go by since it had been several hours since I had taken it and I'm not sure when the line had actually appeared, whether it was during the allotted time for the test or afterwards. Any ideas?

• Absolutely take another test. You can't be sure whether that faint line was an evaporation line (which would mean the test was too far gone to read, as you expected) or a faint positive. Any amount of activity, faint or dark, on the test results line is a real positive.

You didn't mention what time of day you took the test, but if you take the next test first thing in the morning, you should get fairly clear, quick results.
    <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• I had taken that particular one that morning using fmu and using a first response pregnancy test. I had also taken one the night before, but it had been negative. I know I'm bad about being impatient with these things. It's been well over a year since my period has been that light. Do you think I still may have tested too early? I've read that two days should be enough time to test again.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
      • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      Working...
      X