Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was I pregnant and miscarried?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Was I pregnant and miscarried?

I'm on birth control, and my boyfriend and I do not use any other form of protection other than him pulling out. For the past two months we've been having sex every day with the exception of a day or two, basically more than often. I have a very regular period that is very light, last 4 days and comes with no cramping. Starting 3 and a 1/2 weeks ago, during sex I would have a very creamy pink discharge. This continued for 5 days I believe. Then about a week later my stomach felt queasy in the morning and I felt horrible until around 1pm every day. My lower back began to ache all the time and I would get headaches at work which I hardly ever get. I had a decrease in appetite and when I did get hungry, the smell of the food turned me off quickly. Last week I was wanting seafood, which my boyfriend thought was odd since I never eat it, we went to the sea food restaurant and as soon as I got a whiff I took off to the bathroom. I didn't eat much and went home feeling queasy again. I've been constipated and I've only had small bowel movements. Then a couple days ago I woke up to go run, and I went to the bathroom and I had a large amount of pink discharge. About an hour later I began to bleed heavy and the cramps were the worst I had had in over a year (before starting birth control which helped my periods). I thought it was odd because my period wasn't due for another 2 weeks. I've never been early, just late. The cramps were incredibly painful to the point I was almost in tears. This is the second day of the bleeding and the cramps have calmed down quite a bit. I'm not sure whats going on. Perhaps my period came early or I miscarried? Any input is highly appreciated, thanks.

• If you have followed your birth control instructions correctly, it's very unlikely you were pregnant. That being said, a home test kit could have been used before the heavy discharge to tell if you were pregnant. As it is now, if you can, see your gynecologist to be assured that everything is OK. In the unlikely event of a miscarriage, the gynecologist needs to check that everything is OK.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
    • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    Working...
    X