• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many tries did it take to get pregnant?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many tries did it take to get pregnant?

How many tries or months did it take you to get pregnant? We had sex around the time I was ovulating in October & November and I went out and bought the Clear Blue Ovulation test strips so I knew exactly when I was ovulating in December. I did the test and it indicated I was ovulated so my partner and I tried. I should be getting my period in 2 days, and it seems as if I'm going to. I know he'll be a bit disappointed if I get my period (and so will I). I know there's only like a 20% chance of pregnancy each month, but am just wondering how long it took and if there are any tips or advice to conceive a bit easier? We are already using Preseed (fertility friendly lubricant that helps the sperm move), and I'm starting to track my ovulation days. Why is it you try for so many years NOT to get pregnant and when you are trying to get pregnant, it's not as easy as you once thought?

I don't want to assume any "symptoms" I am having are pregnancy symptoms, but they could all be in my head. My boobs are sore and have been for the last couple weeks (which usually doesn't happen until the week before or of my period). Just a few calculation, I had my last period starting on December 10th. Ovulated and had sex on December 23rd. I started feeling sore breast a few days after we had sex, but I think it's just coincidence. Also they may be sore from checking if they are sore, LOL.

A subject that I have not seen discussed is sperm capacitation (needed for mammalian sperm). The sperm in male ejaculate are not immediately ready to fertilize an egg. They have to undergo changes that will make it easier for them to bind with the outer part of the egg. The uterus has the right chemistry to make this happen. Because this process takes time and it also takes "direction challenged" sperm (hey, guys are like that) longer than it should to travel up the fallopian tube that has the egg, sex with male ejaculation on the day of ovulation is less likely to result in pregnancy than sex one or two days prior. Tracking your ovulation is good, but start having sex with male ejaculation in the vagina at least a few days before expected ovulation. If you can do it every day, fine. If not, every other day produces only a slightly lower chance of pregnancy.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Hmmm, that makes sense. Guess my man will just be super happy that week, lol. It was a bit unfortunate though, because I got a urinary tract infection about 2 days before I ovulated (probably from having sex more than usual) so we couldn't take full advantage of my ovulation week due to pain and discomfort. Now that it's cleared up, this next month we should be able to work harder at it lol. Sorry if that was TMI.

Comment

The average time I hear is 6 month. For each person it's different. You are supposed to have sex every other day (every day will decrease sperm count) starting 10 days prior to ovulation up to 10 days after ovulation.

For us it happened the very first time and I think it was because we weren't even really trying. When you put so much energy into trying, I don't know what it is, but it makes it harder. I know tons of people who tried for 2 years, couldn't get pregnant, adopted and then got pregnant. I know people who had to use fertility treatments to help them get pregnant and then years later (something decades), they got accidentally pregnant.
        Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

It's not that we're trying super hard to get pregnant, we've just stopped preventing all together. I was conscious of the week I ovulated but didn't track the exact day, which may have caused me to miss my window the first 2 months, but last month I did actually know exactly when I was ovulating and tried. I guess it's just a fear to finally try and have it at the back of your mind "What if we can't have kids" ya know? We'll just have to keep trying I guess. I am going to try the every other day thing this next month.

Perhaps there's that instant fear because you had to be SO careful as to not get pregnant when you didn't want to you, you just think that it will happen just like that, you know? When in all reality it's not THAT easy to get pregnant. We just had it pushed in our minds for years that if you have unprotected sex you'll get pregnant no matter what (even though that's not reality but it was pushed).

Comment

Well... AF came to visit me. 2 days early. How lucky am I? Darn! Here's to next month!

Comment

Welcome friend at this reliable online platform. You should not lose hope. This is total medical research based world where you can easily conceive with appropriate effective method. I am here for you to provide sufficient information that helps you to achieve your target in short time period with high success rate. I am feeling happy to see that you are on right path to achieve your goal like me. I am one of the lucky women who got this golden opportunity to share my valuable experience at this digital platform that boost your confidence and help you to overcome this difficult situation in your life. I want to express kind heart thanks to God to provide healthy baby gift in my life that fulfill my all life with happiness. There are 20% women who are facing problem in conceiving naturally. It is right time to make appropriate planning to get and lecture in your life. We consult with popular gynecologist to get sufficient medical way to solve out my problem. We use much effective method but not succeed.
              I want to suggest you to follow powerful tips and tricks that help you to convert your dream into reality. It is good signal that you are well aware about your health. It is very important to have real bonding with your partner to co-operate each other in this difficult situation to get healthy baby gift. You should check your body hemoglobin level that is very important for easily conceive and proper working of reproduction system with regular period cycle. You should understand the importance of healthy lifestyle and balanced diet plan that provide sufficient energy to create win-win situation for you to get good news soon.

Comment

I have been trying for 6 months and I just started my first round of clomid... and in the 6 months of trying my husband and I have had 7 friends who had a baby or found out they were pregnant( and they werent even trying!!!) It does get frustrating but just because it doesnt work the first time you have to keep trying and know that it will happen! There are people on these boards that have been trying for years and all the possible procedures and still nothing, and there are some who worry about it so much and give up and then they end up pregnant. This is the first time for you, just have lots of fun crazy sex and enjoy being with your husband. If you get this down and out now you will be way too stressed out!!! Search for things that can help you, like tricks and also talk to your dr about it. Good Luck!! :-)

Comment

Since many of us are in the same boat .Let me share my story with you .All those years of my marriage I wasn't able to conceive though I tried many times . We went to many gynecologists but it didn't work out . Me and my partner even checked doctors abroad but didn't found anything productive . We were healthy otherwise , there was no deficiency that could be reason for my infertility . It was tough for us as there was nothing apparent and we tried almost everything . I discussed this once with my colleague as her sister in law was working then in a renown hospital. Once we were having coffee in halftime at our office , she handled me a pamphlet and asked to check it out. When I got home that day , took that paper out it was about a maternity clinic .Curiously, I called them immediately and they set my appointment for weekend with their consultant . Believe me guys that was the best ever decision I made . They advised us to about surrogacy , not only they advocated us but also explained everything . And after 15 years of marriage we became parents of a beautiful angel that too our own flesh and blood . I'll recommend surrogacy to every couple who are trying hard ,as I know how it feels.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathy00 View Post
                    Since many of us are in the same boat .Let me share my story with you .All those years of my marriage I wasn't able to conceive though I tried many times . We went to many gynecologists but it didn't work out . Me and my partner even checked doctors abroad but didn't found anything productive . We were healthy otherwise , there was no deficiency that could be reason for my infertility . It was tough for us as there was nothing apparent and we tried almost everything . I discussed this once with my colleague as her sister in law was working then in a renown hospital. Once we were having coffee in halftime at our office , she handled me a pamphlet and asked to check it out. When I got home that day , took that paper out it was about a maternity clinic .Curiously, I called them immediately and they set my appointment for weekend with their consultant . Believe me guys that was the best ever decision I made . They advised us to about surrogacy , not only they advocated us but also explained everything . And after 15 years of marriage we became parents of a beautiful angel that too our own flesh and blood . I'll recommend surrogacy to every couple who are trying hard ,as I know how it feels.
                    I'm so sorry you have faced it. I know how it hurts so welcome to this community. I believe other ladies here will help you to overcome your sad feelings about that. In turn you could share your experience with those who are struggling with fertility issues. So you went for a surrogacy in your own town, right? What is the name of your kid? How old is he or she?

Comment

Well that you are considering this problem on the forum. Many people are barren and do not know the cause of the problem. Many gynecologists argue that a single negative test result does not confirm cervical infertility.

The final conclusion can be made only after three tests. They need to be carried out in different cycles with an interval of 2-3 months. Of course, this is very long. If to compare, then many couples wait for pregnancy years. From the experience of my friend I can say. She did them several times. So far this is still the answer. She will hope that everything will be fine. I always support it.
                      t can be negative when the test is not performed during the period of ovulation. On other days of the cycle, cervical mucus always has a bad effect on spermatozoa. From the moment of the sexual certificate or act has passed or has taken place less than 4 hours or more days. Spermatozoa could not yet penetrate the cervical canal. The most mobile of them could already leave. In cervical mucus there are antibodies that kill sperm. Examine the presence of inflammatory processes in the sexual organs of a woman. To examine the hormonal failure in the body of a woman - a decrease in the level of estrogen in cervical mucus on the days of ovulation
                      Check for infections. The use of barrier contraceptives plays a role: foaming solutions, oxidants of the vaginal environment.
                      If all these factors are absent, then the treatment is performed. My friend was advised to undergo treatment in the Ukrainian clinic BioTexCom - Center for Reproductive Medicine. I read about this clinic, and I liked it. There are doctors, translators and psychologists. Therefore, in communication there are no problems. I liked that the arrival and accommodation are included in the payment. In any case, do not get upset. Only positive thoughts will give a positive result.
                      Modern medicine now knows a lot.

Comment

Myths about Pregnancy
                        There are plenty of myths abound in pregnancy. One of the most common myths is that pregnant women should eat for two. It is a false myth since carrying a baby requires only 300 extra calories a day. Just food is also considered harmful during pregnancy which is not completely true. Junk food is not good for overall health but it doesn't pose any extra harm during pregnancy. On the contrary, a pregnant women can try a little of junk food to satisfy her cravings. Another myth stops pregnant women from working at all. Though a pregnant woman should avoid lifting too much heavy weights, she can easily complete all her daily chores. It is good for her health to stay active and perform some simple physical activities. Watch the video to know more on this. Taking care of yourself will make you feel good while pregnant. Diet is a major factor in keeping your health perfect. Also, both the mother and father should get a thorough check up for weight and other chronic diseases as they can affect the health of the baby. Pre-pregnancy vitamins and supplements such as folic acid and calcium are essential. Folic acid reduces neural tube defects. Early pregnancy symptoms and precautions such as bleeding, pain in the stomach must be taken care of, and should be checked when serious

Comment

Hey everyone.I have been trying for last 7 months.After these months I am worried and losing hopes.but when I heard and saw other peoples who get the positive test after 2 years and 4 years.my thinking was change and trying to conceive.I think one day it will happen.yes no doubt it's near to give my hopes and I stop trying but my husband is really supportive.he gives me strength and hope.after the hard struggle of 7 months, I was pregnant.In these months I am thousand times crying why it's happening to me.but everything happens for our own good.We must have patience and hope to receive the positive result.good things always take time.Maybe this time is the best time to carry my child.So, always think positive and positive things will happen.I pray and wish for those women who have struggled the long time to get pregnant.Don't give up.Your time will come soon.stay positive and blessed.

Comment

Hi,
                            If you wan to Know about Some Dietary supplements for weight loss than Go Below Pasted Website Chart URL

Its - outbound link removed - not allowed.

You will get all information as well Supplement Idea on this Website

Regards,
                            Sam
                            Last edited by Claret; 06-12-2018, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X