Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

based on your opinions, do you think I could be pregnant?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• based on your opinions, do you think I could be pregnant?

My last period was on 17th February which lasted about a week. My cycle is 35-37 days long and it's pretty regular. I've never missed a period in my life. I had unprotected sex on the 12th and 19th of March. However my boyfriend didn't ejaculate inside me. I know precum is sufficient to get me pregnant. I'm not on any birth control. My period was due on Wednesday and there's still no sign of it. I've had lots of cramping, pretty bad nausea which is on and off and sore breasts. My pregnancy test which I took yesterday came back negative. I have been under tonnes of stress I'm in university at the moment and I've had an exam and lots of assignments which could be the reason my period is late. I know I definitely ovulated as I saw the cervical mucus around some time in my cycle. Is there still a possibility I'm pregnant? Or is it just delayed or missed completely due to stress. Btw I don't mind if I'm pregnant. I've been with my boyfriend for years now so just need to know. Thanks!

• Your chances of getting pregnant are low on the 23rd and the 30th day of your cycle. Google [Calendar-based contraceptive methods] and go to the Wikipedia hit for a typical fertile or not cycle. It may be a bit early to get a good result from a home pregnancy test if you were to be pregnant.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Thanks for the response but the problem with the Calendar-based contraceptive method on wikipedia is that it's based on a typical 26-32 day cycle. My cycle is usually as long as 37 days which gives me the reason to doubt that I am.

Comment

• I did some reading at various internet sites. It seems the rules get stretched as the cycle increases in length.
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• I did a test last week and I did a test just now. It's still negative. My best guess is that I'm not pregnant but still going doctors tomorrow just to reassure myself!

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X