Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEASE HELP! Protected sex with various partners in 1 month... Worried!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• PLEASE HELP! Protected sex with various partners in 1 month... Worried!

First of all, here is some background info: I am not on birth control. Last month in April, I took Next Choice One Dose and my period still came on time, which is consistently the 28th day of my cycle.

Please: No negative comments! I am scared and looking for some answers.

The story: Recently, I have had sex with several different partners. On May 2 (also 5th day of my last period and I was almost done with it), I had sex with Guy #1. We used protection, although his penis did touch down south before putting the condom on. The next day, I had brown discharge, assuming it was still my period. The next two nights, I had sex with two different guys, Guys #2 and #3. We used protection. With one guy, I gave him a hand job without a condom. He was completely dry, which means no chance of semen on my hand, right? Later, he did put a condom on and I used the same hand to help him get inside me -- sorry, TMI. The third week of this month, I had sex with Guy #4 and we used protection. This past week, I had sex with Guy #5 and we also used protection. Total, that's 5 guys in one month and a total of having sex 8 times. I had sex on May 20th and 23rd with Guy #5. I am supposed to get my period on May 24th (which is the 27th day of my cycle).

My questions: Is there a chance of getting pregnant from giving him a hand job and using the same hand to help him inside me? Should I be more worried getting about STDs since I have slept with so many different partners? Are my chances of pregnancy greater from sleeping with 5 guys in one month? Even though I was still on time last month after taking Next Choice, could it still effect the timing of my next scheduled period?

I have been stressing about this like crazy! I am so, so, so worried and scared. I haven't taken a pregnancy test yet because I know that will make me stress even more and could cause my period to come late. A couple of months ago, I had unprotected twice and still got my period right on time. These most recent 8 times, it was protected sex so I probably do not need to worry.
    Last edited by stylesavvy; 05-24-2014, 03:18 AM.

• We don't judge here.

But, your body is a temple, treat it accordingly. If you don't want to get pregnant take all precautions and have fun with your freedom of being you.

Can I ask, why are you not after a relationship? Why allow so many men into your life, just for sex? I'm curious.

No one can answer this I am sorry.. We can't. More than likely you are safe, you will stress anyway so take a test to see in 2 weeks time.

You are a risk taker and in that there are risks. If you don't want to get pregnant then you need to put that risk taking into adventures of a career and go for it.

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• CHANDLERSWISH, thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. I do want a relationship, more than anything. I have been going out with several guys, hoping to find a great guy who wants me for me, not just for sex. With all these guys lately, they start out nice and sweet, take me out... Then we have sex and then they just stop talking to me. Always seems to happen like that for me and I don't like it. I really like Guy #5 and I know he feels the same way. We have established a good relationship, with the physical stuff as the icing on the cake. I will definitely be smarter and less risky from now on. This stress is just too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by stylesavvy View Post
        CHANDLERSWISH, thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. I do want a relationship, more than anything. I have been going out with several guys, hoping to find a great guy who wants me for me, not just for sex. With all these guys lately, they start out nice and sweet, take me out... Then we have sex and then they just stop talking to me. Always seems to happen like that for me and I don't like it. I really like Guy #5 and I know he feels the same way. We have established a good relationship, with the physical stuff as the icing on the cake. I will definitely be smarter and less risky from now on. This stress is just too much.
        Just to add to what Chandler's Wish has said, Each and every time you have sex there is a chance you can get pregnant. Some times you will more than likely be safe but nothing is 100%. As mentioned wait two weeks then take a test.

Yes, I'd be worried about STD's. All you would need is 1 person that refuses to put on a condom to infect you.

I think you have stated part of your own problem when you say With all these guys lately, they start out nice and sweet, take me out... Then we have sex and then they just stop talking to me. My suggestion would be to get to know them better, don't get physical on the first date or opportunity. Having sex doesn't make you popular.

As you value yourself, make them value you also and right now unless you have over time really developed strong feeling for one guy what is wrong with not having sex?
        That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• Pregnancy can happen anytime. Many years ago, I got my then girlfriend pregnant with our first time unprotected sex on the last day of her period. We thought it was safe. Not so. I doubt the hand job was a culprit but, yes, worry about STDs all of the time.

CW is right, we are not judgmental here. We do care about you as a person. Sex can both build on a solid relationship and make it grow or it can end the relationship as soon as he cums. How can you tell? Work on the friendship first . . . if the guy wants sex first, he is a pig and just move on.

Good relationships have solid foundations. Sex is not one of them. You put it best "icing on the cake". Explore the non sexual side first .....
          "The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you." Despair.com "Dysfunction"

Comment

• Hi style. If you're interested in lifestyle input, here goes ....

First, it's a mistake to try to attract men by offering them sex. Giving it up too easily just devalues you in their eyes. So it's best to hold out. If they don't want to put in the effort to get to that point (being a regular human being and all and treating you like one), that pretty much suggests their not BF material right there. It's a pretty good system.

Second, if you want to be a sexually liberated woman who has lots of partners, that's fine. I'm one myself. But the only way to do that is on your own terms. You seek out the people you want to have sex with, screen them for STDs (very important), and then go from there, responsibly, using protection and all that good stuff. You do it intelligently. If on the other hand you just make yourself available to anyone who comes along, you're not controlling the situation. You're just being a vessel. That's bad in a lot of ways, both physically and emotionally. There are plenty of empowered women out there who have lots of sex while maintaining their pride and dignity, because they make the rules and set their own pace. Don't be the other kind. That's where all the negative names and stereotypes come from.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR="#800080"][B][SIZE=4]Woman trapped inside a woman's body![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

Comment

• Originally posted by jen1447 View Post
              Hi style. If you're interested in lifestyle input, here goes ....

First, it's a mistake to try to attract men by offering them sex. Giving it up too easily just devalues you in their eyes. So it's best to hold out. If they don't want to put in the effort to get to that point (being a regular human being and all and treating you like one), that pretty much suggests their not BF material right there. It's a pretty good system.

Second, if you want to be a sexually liberated woman who has lots of partners, that's fine. I'm one myself. But the only way to do that is on your own terms. You seek out the people you want to have sex with, screen them for STDs (very important), and then go from there, responsibly, using protection and all that good stuff. You do it intelligently. If on the other hand you just make yourself available to anyone who comes along, you're not controlling the situation. You're just being a vessel. That's bad in a lot of ways, both physically and emotionally. There are plenty of empowered women out there who have lots of sex while maintaining their pride and dignity, because they make the rules and set their own pace. Don't be the other kind. That's where all the negative names and stereotypes come from.

JEN1447, thank you so much for the lifestyle advice. I do want to have fun with guys but I also want to be respected. I will make them work for it and stop letting them get what they want so easily.

My period still hasn't come yet... today is the 28th day of my cycle, the day I always get my period. You may remember, last month I took Next Choice One Dose. I got my period right on time. Even though it came on time last month after taking it, can it still effect the timing of my period this month? Also, I took the First Response test today (the one where you can take it 6 days before your scheduled period) and it came back negative. I'm guessing my period hasn't come yet because I have been stressing out like crazy about all of this!

Comment

• They're just not that reliable that we can set our watches by them hon, no matter how reliable they've seemed in the past. Don't be concerned until it's time to be concerned. Most people seem to think that's two weeks after missing a period, and you can take a reliable test then.
                [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR="#800080"][B][SIZE=4]Woman trapped inside a woman's body![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

Comment

• Thanks jen1447. I'm sure my period isn't on time because I'm so stressed... I've been stressing about this ALL month. What would the first early pregnancy signs be? I haven't even had spotting or anything, which I'm guessing means I have nothing to worry about and my period will come as soon as I stop stressing. Condoms were used by the guys each of those 8 times.

Comment

• Originally posted by jen1447 View Post
                    They're just not that reliable that we can set our watches by them hon, no matter how reliable they've seemed in the past. Don't be concerned until it's time to be concerned. Most people seem to think that's two weeks after missing a period, and you can take a reliable test then.
                    UPDATE: I FINALLY got my period yesterday afternoon, 4 days late. I am sooooo relieved and happy! It must have been stressing about this whole thing that delayed my period. Everyone, thank you so much for all your help and support!

Comment

• Stylesavvy, I just wanted to mention. Most STIs are caused by skin to skin contact. You can still contract an infection even with a condom, especially if you have microscopic cuts. The chance of this actually happening is very small, but it is a possibility. The shear number of partners you have is not what puts you at risk, it's the lack of screening them. As Jen mentioned, you want to be in control of the situation.
                      Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

• Originally posted by sp346 View Post
                        Stylesavvy, I just wanted to mention. Most STIs are caused by skin to skin contact. You can still contract an infection even with a condom, especially if you have microscopic cuts. The chance of this actually happening is very small, but it is a possibility. The shear number of partners you have is not what puts you at risk, it's the lack of screening them. As Jen mentioned, you want to be in control of the situation.
                        sp346, thank you for the advice about STIs. So far, so good... No STIs or STDs. I will definitely make sure my partners have been screened and are clean. Thanks!

Comment

• Hi friend, I am here for you to provide sufficient information to solve your period related problem in easy and effective way. I can understand your physical and mental stage at this time. You need not panic about this difficult situation in your life in this advanced medical research based world where you can easily overcome all type of pregnancy related problem at early stage. You can easily defeat this horrible demon problem for my valuable guidance on behalf of my personal life experience. It is not good signal that you are not paying proper attention toward health. You have to pay more in future with less care about your health. This is not safe for you and your partner also.
                          It is time to start your planning with positive effort that provides sudden magic effect on your body and mind. You should start your planning with proper safe and secure intercourse with extra protection that help you to overcome sexual transmitted disease and unwanted pregnancy at early age. You should check your pregnancy test at your home with early morning urine in easy way. You can easily overcome this stressful situation with red and green pregnancy report. This is very important to use powerful yoga and meditation in this difficult situation to maintain proper balance in your body and mind to get full relaxation to overcome this difficult situation easily.
                          You should understand your body signal very well that is directly indicated that your body hormone level is not in balance. It is time to aware this complex situation in your life. You should give preference to healthy lifestyle and balanced diet that provide sufficient nutrition amount to overcome your problem easily. You should understand the importance of regular period cycle.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                          X