Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharing my IVF journey

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Sharing my IVF journey

Hello all! I am new here. I am currently undergoing my first round of IVF and looking for some support. I started a blog at fertilitylifeandlove*blogspot.com if you are interested in my story and want to leave a comment or ask questions. Thanks!

• its an "at" sign, not a star

Comment

• Hey there! We have a rule against posting links here, but I think your experience could be very helpful for many others. I would love it if you would periodically update us here, even if you are copying and pasting from your blog.
      "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Hey. I support the opinion of Loric2014. From humor to the desire to be ready at every turn, one will cope with the stresses and emotions of treating IUI and IVF in different ways.
        Before starting your cycle, make a list of additional or protracted questions and schedule a meeting to ask your doctors or nurse questions and discuss problems.
        • Planning a counseling session with a member of the SGF psychological support group will help prepare you for your treatment cycle.
        Exercise is one of the best ways to relieve stress, but check with your doctor about maintaining regular exercise during the treatment cycle.
        Humor is an excellent mechanism to overcome - during your IUI or IVF cycle, plan to watch comedic movies or TV shows, read a comic book or upload your favorite waiting segment.
        Use exercises to relax, for example, breathing, controlled images, mindfulness and relaxation applications.
        Use cognitive restructuring techniques to identify repetitive negative thoughts about the cycle or infertility and reformulate these thoughts into positive statements.
        Postpone 20 minutes every day to talk with your partner about the IUI or IVF cycle and limit infertility conversations with these 20 minutes.
        Continue working for a 2-week waiting period. Plan daily activities that you like, either on your own or with your partner, to help fill in the time.
        Identify the sources of social support that you can depend on during the cycle, for example, friends or colleagues who have experienced infertility or IUI / IVF, online support sites, or visit the SGF support group.
        Think about who you would like to be, and who you would like to be with when you learn the results of the cycle.
        Before the beginning of the cycle, determine plan B with your doctor. The plan may eventually change, but it will give you something that you need to hold if the cycle is not unsuccessful.
        Try some of these tips to cope with the IUI or IVF treatment cycle. As the IUI or IVF cycle progresses, let the treatment go through the course and focus on ways to reduce feelings of stress and stress.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Has anyone felt like a third wheel?

What do I do in this situation? I value all your thoughts here. My husband and I had a couple we spent quite a bit of time with enjoying outings and dinners...

Today, 01:45 AM By secretkeeper
        • Is Childfree Right For Me? Discuss It Here

Are you conflicted with the decision of whether being childfree is right for you? Or, you already know deep inside but are struggling with guilt or pressure?...

03-08-2019, 01:01 PM By Ashlee T.
        • I’m not sure doct

hi, new here!
          I ended up having a water infection that wouldn’t go away until last month. Ever since I’ve dealt with heavy discharge - some...

03-19-2019, 11:33 AM By lilrose
        • In Love Physical Relation is important?

What do you think in relation does sex is needed or not? If we mentally happy in relation then also we needed physical relation???

03-20-2019, 05:04 AM By paulgonzales86
        • Hoo hot for sex?

It is nearing the end of summer here in New Zealand and it has been a pretty hot summer – especially in the evenings / overnight…. Wife & I have...

03-17-2019, 06:29 PM By muffin70
        Working...
        X