Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unsure

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Unsure

I'm 20 (21 in less than a week). I'm on Nexplanon and I'm due to have it removed June 2017, but replaced.

I've been thinking a lot about pregnancy since everyone I know now has a baby. I feel bad because I don't want to have kids, but I feel like it's expected of me to.

My family? Isn't the issue. They could care less. All my siblings have done all the baby making. Also, I have no more contact with them because of their abuse.

But my boyfriend wants kids in the future. We've been together for over 4 years. His family is starting to ask when and hinting it to me.

Honestly, I don't like kids. I don't hate them. I'm not interested. When his brother come over with his baby, I hide in my room because I really don't want contact.

I've actually talked to my bf about this and he agreed with my opinion and supports it, but part of me says to have one to make him happy (which is a horrible reason).

I had to grow up fast in life. Both my parents are deceased, I even had to take care of my dad (change his diapers, watch him, give him meds, ect)...he had Alzheimer's, moving house to house being watched by abusive people. Moved away when I graduated high school at 18 and I bought my own house when I was 19.

I know that taking care of my dad was very stressful and I really don't want anymore stress because now I struggle with a severe mental illness. I finally got it under control after getting rid of my major stressor-my family.

I do get moment where I'm like "Yeah I should" then I really think about it and I'm like "no".

• We're 41 and we don't have kids. We don't want any. Never have, and it doesn't seem we will. Some parental desires have crept in over the years, but we've been together since the late 90's and we're still happily childless. We like the freedom.

My wife still has a regular cycle. You've got time.
    "Those sowing seed with tears
    Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• Oh girl......... listen......

I am 33 and do not have kids. I didn't even start THINKING about wanting kids until the past two years. And now, I happen to be dating someone 11 years younger than me who isn't near ready in life for that. No biggie..... I have time. In my twenties I felt very abnormal for not wanting babies like everyone else seemed to. But I look back now and realize my mentality was actually healthier than theirs. When I was 22 I was engaged to a guy I had been with for 5 years. I could not imagine not spending my life with him. We broke up when I was 23.

Do NOT under any circumstances, EVER be forced into having children that you don't want. It's unfair to you, your partner and most importantly, the children you wind up raising and resenting. Not every person in this life has to procreate. Throw away that life checklist and just live. You are you, and should be compared with no one else.
      "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Don't ever have kids because someone else wants you to. Only do it if it's something you want, because they are going to be YOUR responsibility. I have a 3 year old and don't want anymore, ever!!! I love him dearly but it's such hard work, and sometimes you are doing it alone depending on your husbands work situation. Don't do it.

Comment

• if you don't like kids but your boyfriend wants kids in the future, it would be best not to marry because it will be a conflict

you are so young now , you do not have to make such a huge life changing decision now

you have plenty of time to change your mind, if you do, but certainly don't feel guilty if you don't because once you become parents there is no going back, kids deserve parents who are all in

Comment

• Hi welcome friend. I am so sorry for your problem of not conceiving naturally. I can understand your problem very easily. I also facing problem in my life. This is golden opportunity for me to resolve your problem on behalf of my personal life experience. You should not miss this golden opportunity in your life to overcome infertility through my personal life experience. I can understand your physical and mental stage at this time.
            You should handle this difficult situation with positive thinking and positive affirmation. You can read positive thinking books to inspire yourself to handle this difficult situation in professional way. You need not panic about this difficult situation you can conceive easily you should have understand each and every signal of your body in effective way your period cycle must be regular to have healthy lifestyle. It is directly connected to reproduction system that clear indicate that your hormone level in your body is not in balance. You should understand importance of healthy life style.
            You should live Healthy lifestyle with proper exercise that is necessary to provide proper blood supply to all reproduction system to work smoothly. You should consume rich iron food that is sufficient to enhance your hemoglobin level that create positive platform for you to conceive easily in limited time period. I hope you got good news soon like me to enjoy brightness with healthy baby gift. This is latest Medical Research the best treatment like IVF test tube baby that has high success rate that is the best in class treatment for you to achieve your target in limited time period. I am waiting to hear good news soon that fulfills your life with endless joy.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X