• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

egg donation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• egg donation

hello! I am curious to know what are your thoughts on egg donation are. I am afraid that it is my last chance to even have kids on my own, I mean to deliver kids. So I was thinking that maybe it is all normal because actually I have heard about all of that earlier but life has never put me in front of it previously. I do not know what to do and what to even think.
    would appreciate your replies

I haven't done much research on it to know what all it requires from the donor. Would you be fine with knowing you have offspring out there somewhere being raised by someone else? I'm not sure I would, but I think egg donation is an admirable thing to do.. Lots of women depend on donor eggs.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

hello again! egg donation is a great deed as for me. it's not always possible to get pregnant naturally and sometimes it's too late to even think about it. but donor egg IVF is a great method giving hope to infertile couples. As I've already mentioned I had 4 cycles of IVF, 3 of them with DE. although all of them failed, I'm going to use donor eggs for surrogacy treatment in future. do if your dr recommend it, maybe you should try. of course, your child won't be 100% related to you but still, you could be a mom.
      Last edited by Pett; 03-14-2017, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beautiful Disaster View Post
        I haven't done much research on it to know what all it requires from the donor. Would you be fine with knowing you have offspring out there somewhere being raised by someone else? I'm not sure I would, but I think egg donation is an admirable thing to do.. Lots of women depend on donor eggs.
        the thing is that I know that it is hard, and I feel like I think only about myself and do not think about those women who agree to donate their oocyte for those women who are like me, who cannot have their own kids. I do not really feel like I am a woman either I feel like maybe it is a sign or something but I tried, tried for a lot of times, days, weeks and years. I feel like it's been 2000 years already, I feel old.
        I just think that if I go for egg donation, it should be somewhere where I would be totally sure that the donor is completely ok with giving her egg cells to another person, i know that egg donors are anonymous and stuff but maybe I can somehow make sure that those donors are completely fine with this. but i guess that all of the donors should be fine as all of them are signing the contracts, no? well.. a lot of things to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by Pett View Post
          hello again! egg donation is a great deed as for me. it's not always possible to get pregnant naturally and sometimes it's too late to even think about it. but donor egg IVF is a great method giving hope to infertile couples. As I've already mentioned I had 4 cycles of IVF, 3 of them with DE. although all of them failed, I'm going to use donor eggs for surrogacy treatment in future. do if your dr recommend it, maybe you should try. of course, your child won't have 100% related to you but still, you could be a mom.
          Thank you for such a full response. I am so sorry that your attempts failed and it seems like you are ok with egg donation surrogacy.. why? I mean as for me it is a very hard decision. I wasn't even sure about egg donation treatment not talking about surrogacy.
          But well, I really hope to find an option where it would be possible to choose a donor and even if the baby won't be mine genetically he would resemble me just a little.. this would be so awesome

Comment

Originally posted by rhutes View Post

Thank you for such a full response. I am so sorry that your attempts failed and it seems like you are ok with egg donation surrogacy.. why? I mean as for me it is a very hard decision. I wasn't even sure about egg donation treatment not talking about surrogacy.
            But well, I really hope to find an option where it would be possible to choose a donor and even if the baby won't be mine genetically he would resemble me just a little.. this would be so awesome
            I wouldn't say I'm ok, but I have no choice. actually I can have one more IVF round...gosh, I just can't rub through another BFN. I'd better be sure that I'll have a baby delivered by another woman then hope for the best and experience one more devastation. I'm tired. It is a hard decision, but after so many disappointments you are ready for everything just to achieve your goal. Not every clinic can provide you with the option of choosing a donor. Some of them have poor donor database, the others don't allow you to choose. however it's possible to find a clinic whith a good list of donors. in a clinic i'm with there are more than 300 donors and one could see photos, videos and main information about them. So you can choose a woman who have the same eye and hair color, height, weight..

Comment

I wouldn't say I'm ok, but I have no choice. actually I can have one more IVF round...gosh, I just can't rub through another BFN. I'd better be sure that I'll have a baby delivered by another woman then hope for the best and experience one more devastation. I'm tired. It is a hard decision, but after so many disappointments you are ready for everything just to achieve your goal. Not every clinic can provide you with the option of choosing a donor. Some of them have poor donor database, the others don't allow you to choose. however it's possible to find a clinic whith a good list of donors. in a clinic i'm with there are more than 300 donors and one could see photos, videos and main information about them. So you can choose a woman who have the same eye and hair color, height, weight..
              but what if what if this time it will be a positive? what if this is your lucky cycle? I mean you should not ever give up and try till you have no att left?
              but what is your clinic? wow the photos and videos??
              Well, yesterday I was told that there is a clinic with a very big database of more like 500 donors. and I wrote to them already, now I wait for their reply.

Comment

but what if what if this time it will be a positive? what if this is your lucky cycle? I mean you should not ever give up and try till you have no att left?
                but what is your clinic? wow the photos and videos??
                Well, yesterday I was told that there is a clinic with a very big database of more like 500 donors. and I wrote to them already, now I wait for their reply.
                I don't know...and what if it not? I can't bear another bfn or a miscarriage...in no way. but I can't tell for sure if I'm ready for surrogacy. you see? it's a very difficult decision. maybe it's not time to make this decision, but i'm also thinking of waisting my time doing nothing. gooosh. the clinic is biotex, i think you heard of it as it's really popular. keep us apdated, hope you'll get a reply soon.

Comment

I don't know...and what if it not? I can't bear another bfn or a miscarriage...in no way. but I can't tell for sure if I'm ready for surrogacy. you see? it's a very difficult decision. maybe it's not time to make this decision, but i'm also thinking of waisting my time doing nothing. gooosh. the clinic is biotex, i think you heard of it as it's really popular. keep us apdated, hope you'll get a reply soon.
                  but... I think that this fear makes you fail.. this is very unhealthy to have those pessimistic thoughts! you should always be optimistic! you should always think that you will receive BFP! I think that it is very important. to think in the positive key! just imagine that you get pregnant and keep that warm weeling in your heart. Just to stop worrying

I am sure you'll get there!
                  you say that your clinic is biotex? isn't it the same clinic as biotexcom? I mean... I am getting my tx in the clinic Biotexcom which is in Ukraine. where's yours?

Comment

hi, finally I decided to write to you. As for egg donation, I suppose it to be the great opportunity for people who want to have babies but canít bc of the my nature. as you know, I've faced infertility issues many years ago. I've been thought lots of difficulties in my life. I've been through 4 cycles ivf with 4 miscarriages but that didn't stop me from reaching my goal to be a mother. Now it's my 5th one cycle and i hope the last. I'm 10 weeks pregnant and I'm feeling great. as you many years ago I decided to change the clinic(you to find one), I made a great research, read lots of different websites and feedbacks and found the place of treatment in ukraine. to my surprise, the clinic was better that I expected it to be. anyway, if you are ready for this step just move on. the time does and seconds count. Take care!!

Comment

You do not have to persuade me or something that egg donation is fine anymore as I have become one of you, brave girls
                      ha! I am sorry for all of your losses, I wish you to be strong and have a great pregnancy as for now it is the most important thing for you, right?
                      YOu ahve done a lot for your own happiness and it feels like I should be as strong as you
                      thanks you too

Comment

You do not have to persuade me or something that egg donation is fine anymore as I have become one of you, brave girls
                        ha! I am sorry for all of your losses, I wish you to be strong and have a great pregnancy as for now it is the most important thing for you, right?
                        YOu ahve done a lot for your own happiness and it feels like I should be as strong as you
                        thanks you too
                        you are always welcome dear!
                        Yeah, pregnancy is so wonderful, I couldn't imagine I would be like this.
                        p.s. I'll be a mother of twins, I didn't want to mention it before because of my own preconception but now I'm ok with it. It's my 10th week of pregnancy and I feel more and more pregnant haha.
                        sorry about that, one day you'll experience this as well, just believe in this!!You are brave and strong!!

Comment

gracee
                          twins? you should've told us earlier! but yeah, it is all up to you but TWINS! for me it is soooo hard to keep it as a secret, esp when it comes to something I was wanting for my whole life!!!!
                          thank you! a lot! I am coming to Kiev in 2 weeks and we're going to have ET in a week and a half.
                          fingers crossed that it all goes well (btw I am on a short protocol.)

Comment

gracee
                            twins? you should've told us earlier! but yeah, it is all up to you but TWINS! for me it is soooo hard to keep it as a secret, esp when it comes to something I was wanting for my whole life!!!!
                            thank you! a lot! I am coming to Kiev in 2 weeks and we're going to have ET in a week and a half.
                            fingers crossed that it all goes well (btw I am on a short protocol.)
                            wow, I'm happy for you, that's great you made up your mind and go to kyiv. How's your husband? Is he excited about all these? And you? If I'm not mistaken it didn't take long for your egg transfer.. right? kyiv is amazing!! have you been there before?

Comment

yes, he is excited and happy for me. he is also worried but at the same time he has no doubts that this time everything is going to work.
                              although we're not married yet
                              PS I got scared the first time I have found out about the surrogacy rules in biotexcom that they do not take in programs those who're not married but such rules are not applied to IVF and I was so happy
                              no I haven't been there before everything and also I haven't had the ET in Kyev yet

Comment

Working...
                              X