Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get pregnant with a tough PCOS?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• How to get pregnant with a tough PCOS?

Hi, there! I’ve decided to post here as I need some help with my PCOS. I was diagnosed with this disease nearly 5 years. Firstly, it caused me little trouble. I used to have delays between my menstrual cycles and was a little bit overweight. I also had much hair on my legs and arms, but I took some hormone pills and got rid of it. Now, I want to become a mum. We’ve been ttc for nearly 2 years without a positive result. Is there anybody here with the same health issue? How did you actually manage to get pregnant?

• Hey there! Do you chart your cycles, using your basal body temp? Doing so is so important for someone with PCOS because you may not even ovulate every month. If you knew you didn't ovulate on a particular month then you'd know you couldn't get pregnant that month and it would at least save you the disappointment for that month.

The regulars here will say I sound like a broken record, but the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler would be a tremendous help for you. There is a section, I'm quite sure, in the book specifically for women TTC with PCOS.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Hello, first of all, you have to consult your doctor, he or she should suggest the best option for you. But at least you can read my advice.
      Well, as far as I know, the way to treat PCOS is to treat the symptom of infertility. One of the most popular treatments is clomid. clomid is used to stimulate ovulation. clomid can greatly increase a woman’s chances of becoming pregnant. clomid does carry an increased risk of having a multiple or twin pregnancy.
      If clomid does not successfully treat infertility, the next step is often to use hormones to try to stimulate the ovaries into producing eggs. Here again, this treatment, referred to as ovarian stimulation, carries the risk of multiple or twin pregnancy.
      There is a surgical procedure that is similar to ovarian stimulation. Known as ovarian drilling, this operation uses the making of several small holes in each ovary with a fine probe or laser. For some women, this can restore ovulation, or at least make their ovaries more likely to respond to clomid.

A more radical procedure, ivf remains an option for a woman who has not responded to other treatments and wants to get pregnant. The success rates of ivf can vary greatly depending on a variety of individual factors, including the length of infertility, weight, and age.

Comment

• PCOS ia hormonal fertility imbalance ,so there are a lot of things you can consider for regaining your hormonal balance ,the important factor is to not worry at all,stay positive feel good about your self and not worry at all .You have to keep tract of you healthy diet life style and also to quit smoking and drinking if you are into it .By adopting a healthy life style as well as maintaining daily workout schedule helps the medication to be effective.

Comment

• hi, there are several pills that are in the medial world used in the management of such conditions. though your case of a hairy body may be unique, it is not an issue that can stop you from getting pregnant unless it is a problem cited by your partner. fertility issues f they exist, like the case of PCOS need a lot of sober approaches. sorry for having gone through a tough time but i believe that you can be helped. i have come to believe that distances are just barriers as i got my solution from an unexpected quarter. but anyways, if you are interested, there are infertility clinics in Ukraine that can solve such a case in a snap.

Comment

• Originally posted by hellen201 View Post
            hi, there are several pills that are in the medial world used in the management of such conditions. though your case of a hairy body may be unique, it is not an issue that can stop you from getting pregnant unless it is a problem cited by your partner. fertility issues f they exist, like the case of PCOS need a lot of sober approaches. sorry for having gone through a tough time but i believe that you can be helped. i have come to believe that distances are just barriers as i got my solution from an unexpected quarter. but anyways, if you are interested, there are infertility clinics in Ukraine that can solve such a case in a snap.
            hi, have you been there, in Ukraine?
            I will tell one story to showed that there is still a solution.
            My friend did not find this out until her husband and she had been trying to conceive for 6 months and were unsuccessful. Her periods were very irregular and occurring only every 3 months as well as other symptoms including excessive chin hair, acne, and a high testosterone level. They were fortunately able to conceive with the help of a combination of Provera, Clomid, and Metformin that my OB/GYN prescribed. Due to the irregular periods, Provera induced a period and Clomid and Metformin allowed her to ovulate. They conceived on the very first cycle! She is now pregnant and will continue to take Metformin throughout her first trimester per her OB/GYN to help in the prevention of miscarriage. She was told that by taking Metformin, her risk will be lowered to the same % as any other normal woman during pregnancy. Please don't lose hope. Godd luck to everyone!

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to ***Ladies reaction to men at a nude beach/pool***

The term “business process” is used to describe the organization and structure of interrelated actions of company employees with the only purpose...

Today, 01:51 AM By driiols
            • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Last night I didn't notice my g/f hadn't shaved in a while. I wouldn't have noticed if she hadn't of brought it to my attention.

Yesterday, 06:42 PM By WaveRider
            • Reply to Have You Ever Let A Guy Cum Inside You? Do You Want To? – Discuss

Very recently my g/f told me that she has girlfriends and has known girlfriends who detested/have detested cum. My g/l loves it with the caveat that many...

Yesterday, 06:37 PM By WaveRider
            • Reply to Next revolution(s)

The extreme materialization of ourselves is expressed by locking our Self into only what the senses perceive. This becomes the only reality. As a result...

Yesterday, 06:25 PM By driiols
            • Reply to Catching up!

I am so sorry, atskitty2. You're not alone with your grief: you and your mum are going so through much. There is little I can say, but you've got your...

Yesterday, 06:24 PM By driiols

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Introduction

Hello Everyone!
              I am new to this forum.

06-27-2019, 04:40 AM By linakhonde
            • motivation

can't find the "motivation" post of mine so assuming it was started in past year & gone with rest of my last year posts that vanished mysteriously...

07-13-2019, 11:32 AM By amy40
            • Author To Check Out

Serena Valentino. She has written for Autumn Publishing:

Fairest Of All
              Mistress Of All Evil
              Poor Unfortunate Soul
              The...

07-18-2019, 08:56 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • A Woman Of Substance

By Barbara Taylor Bradford. This book was published in 1981 and is still being read today.

I am on the second chapter and am really enjoying...

07-18-2019, 08:50 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Doing The Laundry And Other Cleaning

Are you a cleaning god/goddess?

I clean my apartment ALL the time. Items get put in the bin, the washing up gets done daily, the laundry...

07-13-2019, 05:12 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            Working...
            X