• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pregnancy after 40

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amy40 View Post
    I know several women who have given birth at 40 or 41
    most of the pregnancies were unplanned or "surprises"
    often the last surprise child in a family, sometimes many years after previous child

has this happened to you or anyone you know?
    It usually happen than when couple facing infertility problem and had undergone for the Treatments like ivf or test tube baby.

Comment

Originally posted by ranafertilitycentre View Post
      It usually happen than when couple facing infertility problem and had undergone for the Treatments like ivf or test tube baby.
      most of the people I know who had babies at 40 or 41 were shocked as they were not trying to get pregnant
      the surprise babies were several years after their last child

a couple of the parents were quite upset as their "freedom" was within inches and it was now gone
      one neighbor even told me it was the worst year of his life (real nice considering he wasn't the one giving birth)

Comment

some couples reach a certain age and it's been years since the last child and they probably become careless
        as they think pregnancy wouldn't happen at this age but it can and does

I am an older parent but am not the only one at kid's school
        am surprised how many parents have grown kids (in their 20's) but also an elementary school kid

Comment

Working...
        X