• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Does IUI Work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Does IUI Work?

Hello, everyone..... Shimona this side........ Today I am going to discuss IUI, One of the fertility treatments. Hope this information proves useful for all of us.......
    IUI begins by determining when ovulation will occur for the woman. A woman may be given hormones to stimulate her ovaries to get many eggs ready, which will increase the chances of successfully getting pregnant. She is then monitored for signs that ovulation is nearing.

When the doctor can tell that the woman is about to ovulate, a semen sample is collected from the man. The semen is then “washed” in a lab and the highest quality sperm is collected for use.

The IUI procedure takes just a few minutes to complete. The doctor first inserts a speculum (a medical tool) inside the woman’s vagina to view her cervix. Next, the doctor inserts a catheter (a narrow tube) through her cervix and inserts the washed semen directly into her uterus. The goal of this procedure is that the sperm will swim up to meet the released eggs and a normal pregnancy will occur.

Hope It provides some useful information....... suggestions are most welcome........

Thanks Shimona for this information. it is really useful for those couples who are completely new to fertility treatments. Can you tell me about the success rate of IUI??? it would be very helpful to make this thread more informative.

Comment

Thanks anjlina for appreciating. It's my pleasure if this post will help someone. Back to your question, The success rate of IUI depends on various factors, including fertility medication used, the reason for infertility, and age.
      Women under 35 years of age have a 10-20% chance of pregnancy. This decreases to 10% in women aged 35-40, and drops to 2-5% in women above age 40.

Comment

Working...
      X