• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planning for the future with PCOS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planning for the future with PCOS

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 22. I am now 25 and my husband and I keep talking about the right time. I'm still in school and I have a few options...try to have a baby before I graduate while I'm still getting financial aid to help us. Try when I graduate but I'm trying to open a business from scratch, or wait until I start my business and its grown enough that I can hire a fill in to have the first two months or so with my child. Here is my problem... I've been told that with the PCOS and hormone problems my fertility may be a little crazy to potentially nonexistent. Our decision to start trying for children will partially be determined by my fertility. If I'm 35 when we decide to start trying I don't want fertility to cause me to be in my 40s before we have a baby. (Nothing against that I just don't want to be in my 40s). I don't want to have kids past 35/36 and I don't want to miss my chance for having kids soon-ish. The other aspect of things is my husband is battling Rheumatoid arthritis and is on meds for it. When we start trying for children he needs to be off his meds for a few months prior for health reasons. I am nervous that he will have to be off his meds for too long if we have to try for too long. I have so many questions and fears but I do know I want to be a mom, I always have. I'm prepared to hear the news that I may be infertile but I just want to know and I want to know what the smartest decision is. Not asking for people to tell me what to do, just asking for life experience with similar cases, what they did, what types of fertility tests are out there for a reasonable price, and stuff like that. Thank you guys!

I feel your pain, but there is a certain hope. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 18 years old. I was with my husband for almost 8 years and married a little more than a year. We have been trying to get pregnant since we got married. I have a normal FSH level, insulin level, but the level of LH is high. I do not ovulate, and I have irregular or absent periods, additional hair growth, and I am less than 120 pounds. It is said that women with PCOS are overweight. I was at Clomed 4 months in a row. In the laboratory work of the 21st day my progesterone levels are really low, which, I think, means that I did not ovulate. Clomid did not help me ovulate. Over the past two months, I have had 2 follicular scans. My ovaries still look very polycystic, and not real dominant follicles. My doc. just started me on metromine without clomid.
    Please try Metformin and ask for progesterone tablets, they will also help. I would also try IUI, that's what worked for us. We did an IUI with Injectables, and they say that for a woman with PCOS this is your best shot. It took us 2 years to get pregnant, and it's very stressful, but I believe that this will happen for you. I just had to take the medicine for 2 months before I was pregnant. I notice that I lose a little weight when I take this drug. I do not have insurance, and I got it online. So do not be fooled, it will happen! Just keep a positive attitude! I hope this helped!

Comment

Loric2014, are you expecting? Best wishes.
      I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
      Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Are you expecting thats a great news.

Comment

Working...
        X