Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to prevent infertility

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• how to prevent infertility

Hi! I am Leticia. We all talk about treatments for infertility. I am interested in ways to prevent infertility. I would like to know if there is anything we can to stop this before it began. Infertility affects every day more and more couples. It is something that is hard to deal with.
    Starts
    10-26-2017
    Ends
    10-26-2017

• There are some ways to prevent infertility. We can avoid drugs and alcohol, try to get pregnant while we are young, maintain a healthy weight, have a safe sex. Even if you’re not ready to get pregnant yet, it’s important to plan ahead! Then follow the above-mentioned keys for added help in how to prevent infertility. You can ask a doctor about ways how to prevent infertility. These are some ways of life that can help us.
    Last edited by jns; 10-27-2017, 08:01 AM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

Comment

• You and your partner should be educated and aware of problems that can make pregnancy difficult. Also, see your doctor regularly for the necessary tests and treatments that will let you enjoy optimal health and fertility. Age is an important fertility consideration for both women and men. To avoid expensive and stressful fertility treatments in the future, you can start by taking care of your fertility health at an early age. We often don't think what will be in the future but our everyday life affects in our future.

Comment

• Avoid drugs and alcohol. For women, the rules on drinking alcohol and using recreational drugs are the same for preventing infertility as they are for men. Heavy alcohol use and drug use increase the chances of ovulation disorders and endometriosis, which can lead to infertility.smoking can bring about early menopause by aging your ovaries and draining your egg supply. Smoking also increases the risk of miscarriage.The younger you are when you try to conceive, the better chance you have of preventing infertility. That’s because your fertility declines after age 35 and continues to decline with each passing year. The number of eggs you produce (along with the quality of those eggs) decreases as you age. Even high-tech fertility treatments are more effective in younger women.Be safe in your sexual lifestyle. Practicing “safe sex” is an important key in how to prevent infertility in women. STDs can lead to pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), which can lead to infertility. Abstinence is the safest way to ensure you will not get an STD. Otherwise, stay in a monogamous relationship where you both have been tested for STDs.

Comment

• Hey Leticia! I hope you are doing good. So you are right this topic is very important, we are all always talking about the treatments for infertility, but now we should talk about how to prevent it. There are many ways to prevent infertility like first of all maintain a healthy diet, take care of your body, do some running or jogging in the morning. Join a yoga class and go for yoga every day. Try to do some workout, but not too hard. Avoid bad things like fast food, stuff cooked in oil and fizzy drinks. Smoking, taking drugs, drinking alcohol are also somethings that cause infertility, you should avoid them. These are the things every couple should know, this information should be given to people in their colleges and high schools. So they can know what they are doing wrong and fix it before it's too late. Stay blessed! Much Love!

Comment

• How could you possibly stop it when you don't even know if it exists or not. This thing is only shown to you when you try to get pregnant. Before that you'll never find that. You can't stop it dear. I think it's something destined. We can't do anything about it. Take care dear. Best of luck.

Comment

• Hey there leticia! I m so glad that someone is talking about this thing. We all do a lot of things in life which can cause infertility, such as eating oily and junk food all the time. Drinking alcohol or fizzy drinks with our every meal or even without meal. Avoiding fruits and vegetables. And many other things like taking too much stress, excess weight all things like this cause infertility. If we stay on a healthy diet and routine, the chances of being infertile are low. Much Love!

Comment

• Hey Leticia! On the start of my infertility journey, this is what I asked my doctor. But it was too late for me. but I would love to tell you those as this might help you. There are certain infertilities that are not preventable like one of mine.but you might better be careful with smoking, alcohol or drugs.well these are all-time worst things that must be avoided.you must also limit caffeine intake. Regular exercise also may help you out and be overweight also make complications in conceiving.this cause problem in hormone production.stress also posses a great factor in TTC period. If you are psychologically ill. it would result in poor infertility treatment.Just stay positive, calm and good thing will happen itself

Comment

• Hey Leticia! To prevent infertility in women, one can start by keeping a check on body weight. Overweight and underweight women are at increased risk of ovulation disorders. Other factors that can be helpful include a regular check-up, controlled alcohol consumption and smoking. Cheers!

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Has anyone felt like a third wheel?

What do I do in this situation? I value all your thoughts here. My husband and I had a couple we spent quite a bit of time with enjoying outings and dinners...

Today, 01:45 AM By secretkeeper
                  • Is Childfree Right For Me? Discuss It Here

Are you conflicted with the decision of whether being childfree is right for you? Or, you already know deep inside but are struggling with guilt or pressure?...

03-08-2019, 01:01 PM By Ashlee T.
                  • I’m not sure doct

hi, new here!
                    I ended up having a water infection that wouldn’t go away until last month. Ever since I’ve dealt with heavy discharge - some...

03-19-2019, 11:33 AM By lilrose
                  • In Love Physical Relation is important?

What do you think in relation does sex is needed or not? If we mentally happy in relation then also we needed physical relation???

03-20-2019, 05:04 AM By paulgonzales86
                  • Hoo hot for sex?

It is nearing the end of summer here in New Zealand and it has been a pretty hot summer – especially in the evenings / overnight…. Wife & I have...

03-17-2019, 06:29 PM By muffin70
                  Working...
                  X