• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I pregnant?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I pregnant?

My boyfriend and I got close to having sex but no penetration was involved. Some pre-cum may have gotten on my vaginal area. I had my period the next day. A month and twelve days have passed and I haven't had another period yet, but I am 18, extremely stressed, and often irregular. I took an early detection test one week ago that said I was not pregnant. I am paranoid, however- is it possible I am?

I would say that there is almost no chance of you being pregnant.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

I agree with jns, almost zero possibility given that you have had your period. However, take another test just to put your mind at rest.

Comment

I agree with jns that there is almost zero possibility of your being pregnant. However, to put your mind at ease, take another test.

Comment

There is a very low amount of sperm in precum fluid. This amount is much lower than what is present inside of a manís cum, but there is still a risk of pregnancy occurring.

A good way to visualize this is to know how much sperm is found within normal cum. In normal ejaculation, there are approximately 100 million sperm in just one milliliter of fluid. This sperm then gets lessened because only 10 million sperm will get past cervical mucus in the womanís vagina.
          The uterine tract will also filter an additional 10% of sperm, leaving just 1 million sperm left. Ultimately, only 100,000 sperm that will exist long enough to enter the fallopian tubes. This all occurs when there is 100 million sperm. Precum only contains 3 million sperm on average (when present).

The chances of pregnancy are extremely low, but they do exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Anella View Post
            There is a very low amount of sperm in precum fluid. This amount is much lower than what is present inside of a manís cum, but there is still a risk of pregnancy occurring.

A good way to visualize this is to know how much sperm is found within normal cum. In normal ejaculation, there are approximately 100 million sperm in just one milliliter of fluid. This sperm then gets lessened because only 10 million sperm will get past cervical mucus in the womanís vagina.
            The uterine tract will also filter an additional 10% of sperm, leaving just 1 million sperm left. Ultimately, only 100,000 sperm that will exist long enough to enter the fallopian tubes. This all occurs when there is 100 million sperm. Precum only contains 3 million sperm on average (when present).

The chances of pregnancy are extremely low, but they do exist.
            Additional mitigating factors are that sex occurred the day before her period, a cycle day which has a very low possibility of pregnancy. In addition, a pregnancy test was done which indicated no pregnancy. It was done on day 36 and she would have had hormones elevated if there was a pregnancy. The combination of these three factors led to my conclusion.
            I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
            Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Thank you all so much for your responses. I still haven't had another period, but I took another first response test with morning urine 9 days after I took the first one and received another negative. I suppose it is just a waiting game now

Comment

Do confirm once again with pregnancy test kit and make sure your pregnancy status, there are many termination pills available online so use this after getting a positive result.

Comment

Originally posted by mabelh8094 View Post
                  My boyfriend and I got close to having sex but no penetration was involved. Some pre-cum may have gotten on my vaginal area. I had my period the next day. A month and twelve days have passed and I haven't had another period yet, but I am 18, extremely stressed, and often irregular. I took an early detection test one week ago that said I was not pregnant. I am paranoid, however- is it possible I am?
                  I don't think that you should worry about this. If there wasn't penetration, your chances for pregnancy are very low... However I can understand your feelings because I have irregular cycle too and I'm always worried when my period is late, we have protected sex but anyway I can't control my feelings xDD I recommend you to try several simple store tests only for calming yourself, also in addition doctors often recommend some online ones, I always make all of these for stopping my fears and calming nerves Also you can use emergency contraception for such cases but I don't recommend to repeat this method too often, it's not good for health, such special pills are nice only if sex was totally unprotected and the risk for pregnancy is very high.
                  Last edited by jns; 11-30-2017, 01:55 AM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

Comment

Working...
                  X