Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Late period

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Late period

Hi,

I'm 22 and got my period the third week of October and haven't got it since and I think it is due to stress as I was on work placement for college and found it extremely difficult and I had not had sex for several months. I had protected sex 2 weeks ago and the condom didn't break or anything but I am just worried now I may be pregnant or else I'm just being paranoid. When a period goes away due to stress how long does it usually take to come back?

• Yes dear you are right. Stress or extreme exercise can be the cause of irregular periods. I have been having irregular periods too. One day, my friend told me how she had irregular periods and she was diagnosed with PCOS later. One of the symptoms of PCOS is irregular periods. But there are several other symptoms too. Just to make sure you must also consult your GYN. I dont think you are pregnant. I believe meditation helps a lot with the stress. Every woman must be aware of the changes happening internally in her body. So it is significant for you get some lab tests done. This how you'll be able to identify the reason of your irregular periods. Just don't feel paranoid. Stay calm and relaxed. No need to worry so much. Take care xxx

Comment

• Hi there,
      thanks so much for the reply, I ended up getting my period at the start of January, after quite a lot of worrying! And yes I was thinking about meditation to de-stress a bit so must actually get around to actually doing it, thanks for your tips!

Comment

• Hey, this post is such a relief. I'm also 22 and get irregular delays in periods. I thought it is due to my poor health condition. But now, I'm learning that stress could also be one of the factors. I will try to meditate more often. Although, it doesn't seem easy to me. How do you really do it? I've tried it in the past on recommendation of a counsellor. And each time, my head got more buzzed. Meditation is supposed to calm you down. Put your head at ease for a while. The opposite of it happens with me :| I stay wary of meds. Can't let them fiddle with my body's chemical algorithms so don't allow myself any intake of medicine despite doctor's endless recommendations. -_- I know my state sound hopeless. Still, is there any other way I can deal with my problem? :/ Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Hi, I haven't got around to doing meditation stuff either, but i was told there's a few good deep breathing apps that will try and do this evening!!! and I actually got a eye mask (you know those blindfold things you wear sleeping) and it's actually helped a lot when going to sleep at night as it usually takes me hours to fall sleep! I'm the same I don't think I'd ever go near a pill to help any stress or anxiety related stuff, I think you have to work your mind out itself and a few xanax won't help that haha!

Comment

• It usually takes a week or two to come back. Don't worry about it. This is because of stress. I can tell it for sure by listening to your condition. You guys don't have to be worry about this thing. Just be cool. Best of luck for the future. Stay happy.

Comment

• Hi how are you? Don’t take tension of pregnancy. If periods are not getting you should consult to a doctor. Start eating things that effect hot. If condom did not get break then don’t worry you will not get pregnant. Regular Periods are necessary as they affect our hormones. So, please ask the doctor about this and take care of yourself.

Comment

• Hey there! I hope that you're doing good. Yes, late periods at this age can be a cause of stress. Stress can even affect the fertility of a person. If you're pregnant then you must have been seeing some symptoms. The bit you're not having it. Don't worry again about this. Just try taking a pregnancy test. If it's not positive then visit your doc. PCOS sometimes result in late periods or no periods. You might have developed any of such diseases. Well, late periods due to stress usually come back in some days. They are not this long. You must take a test. Or go to your doc. You'll be surer then. I hope that this helps you. Take care of yourself. Much love.

Comment

• Hello ladies.Don't worry. Your body takes time to settle into a routine and sometimes if you become too anxious or worried about something, (like a late period), then this only makes the problem worse. If the only thing you're worried about at the moment, is your late period, then it is likely that your worrying will only delay it more. Relax, go about your normal routine and stop worrying about it and try and keep busy. When you are not thinking about it and being busy, you are least aware and before you know it, it will arrive.Good Luck!!!

Comment

• Hey, yes at times when we stress about things and take the pressure, the cycle gets disturbed and it's natural for one to be a little paranoid when the period is a little late we're all human after all. You should try yoga or meditation just relax for a while. Try to calm your nerves and improve your sleep routine, that's supposed to help you! It'll be back in a week don't worry Click and drag to move

Comment

• You have nothing to worry about, dear lady. When I was 17 years old. I made a mistake. I was drunk. After that, I was feeling really low and were having no period. I am too much worried now what I should do. In that age, I didn't want to get pregnant. I am upset all the day. I asked some of my friends. They said it's not confirmed that you are pregnant. If you have irregular periods. There Might be some other problem you have. But, I decided to go through for the check-up.after the scan, there was no baby inside or any movement. It's all happing just because of stress. In this age, we are not too much mature to handle this kind of situation.Now I am 23 years old and also a mother of 2 children.Good luck all ladies.

Comment

• I will advise you to check your pregnancy with pregnancy test kit to get confirmation about your pregnant status

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do men secretly wish they had a younger model?

Just curious, and not sure if this is the right section to post but I’m wondering how many men would secretly prefer to be with someone younger and...

05-10-2019, 08:55 AM By Romy
                        • Pain during intercourse and zero sex drive

I have never really had a high sex drive but I did at least get horny occasionally in my 20's. I am now 40 and have been married for 13 years. Over the...

Yesterday, 03:56 PM By DesertGirl
                        • Clit sensitivity-help!

Hi everyone. I am a 37 year old woman in a monogamous long term relationship.

I have always enjoyed clitoral stimulation. However over the...

Yesterday, 05:26 AM By Sososoconfused
                        • Health

10 minutes for a healthy Back!

No one can feel the vulnerability sooner than obviously bad. And if you know the feeling, it is probably a...

05-25-2019, 01:05 PM By Healthskt
                        • So nervous about my first pap smear

I posted this on the cancer forum, but it might be more applicable here

I hope I am on the right forum.

I am terrified of

05-24-2019, 02:01 PM By coffeegirl89
                        Working...
                        X