Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ovarian drilling

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Ovarian drilling

Hello everyone! I hope I am in the right place. I want tp know what is ovarian drilling. Can someone tell me something about it?

• Hello Merry. You are in the right place. I will try to explain you all I know about this topic. Ovarian drilling is a surgical technique of puncturing the membranes surrounding the ovary with a laser beam or a surgical needle using minimally invasivelaparoscopic procedures. It differs from ovarian wedge resection, because resection involves the cutting of tissue. Ovarian drilling and ovarian wedge resection are treatment options to reduce the amount of androgen producing tissue in women with POS.

Comment

• Ovarian drilling breaks through the ovary's thick outer layer, destroys small portions of it, and boosts fertility. After ovarian drilling, testosterone production decreases and many women ovulate more regularly.

Comment

• Can you tell me what is the risk of this procedure?

Comment

• Ovarian drilling does have some risks. These are pelvic adhesion formation,premature ovarian failure, long-term ovarian function, adhesion formation,infertility and multiple births.

Comment

• I think the benefits are bigger then the risks. Each person’s scenario is different so you must do what is best for your situation.

Comment

• Ovarian drilling is basically a surgical treatment that increase ovulation in women who have PCOS. It is not commonly used. But it can be selected for those are unable to ovulate. There is a 50% of getting pregnant after having ovarian drilling. However there are some risks to it as many women don't get this treatment. It may take 2 or 4 weeks to recover from this procedure. You must explore the options of ovarian drilling.

Comment

• Hey there! I hope you're doing fine. You're definitely on the right platform. Ovarian drilling or Laparoscopic ovarian drilling as it is called isn't the most common method used. It is used mainly for women who're suffering through either PCOS and even after following doctors instructions and losing weight are unable to conceive. The process triggers the ovulation and also destroys some parts of the ovary. The whole operation is done by cutting abdomen. Through which laparoscope is inserted for viewing. The method basically tries to regulate ovulation period in someone who is suffering through PCOS. It usually works for women for whom medicine isn't that effective and there is about a 50% chance of it to work. I hope the information was informative enough. If you're deciding to opt for it do first consult your doctor. As he/she will really be able to guide you through.

Comment

• Hello friend. I think the below link will help you. This is a page where you will get all the information about your queries.
                  Last edited by jns; 02-22-2018, 07:13 AM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Today, 01:11 AM By jns
                  • Reply to ***Ladies reaction to men at a nude beach/pool***

The term “business process” is used to describe the organization and structure of interrelated actions of company employees with the only purpose...

Yesterday, 01:51 AM By driiols
                  • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Last night I didn't notice my g/f hadn't shaved in a while. I wouldn't have noticed if she hadn't of brought it to my attention.

07-19-2019, 06:42 PM By WaveRider
                  • Reply to Have You Ever Let A Guy Cum Inside You? Do You Want To? – Discuss

Very recently my g/f told me that she has girlfriends and has known girlfriends who detested/have detested cum. My g/l loves it with the caveat that many...

07-19-2019, 06:37 PM By WaveRider
                  • Reply to Next revolution(s)

The extreme materialization of ourselves is expressed by locking our Self into only what the senses perceive. This becomes the only reality. As a result...

07-19-2019, 06:25 PM By driiols

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Today, 01:11 AM By jns
                  • Introduction

Hello Everyone!
                    I am new to this forum.

06-27-2019, 04:40 AM By linakhonde
                  • motivation

can't find the "motivation" post of mine so assuming it was started in past year & gone with rest of my last year posts that vanished mysteriously...

07-13-2019, 11:32 AM By amy40
                  • Author To Check Out

Serena Valentino. She has written for Autumn Publishing:

Fairest Of All
                    Mistress Of All Evil
                    Poor Unfortunate Soul
                    The...

07-18-2019, 08:56 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  • A Woman Of Substance

By Barbara Taylor Bradford. This book was published in 1981 and is still being read today.

I am on the second chapter and am really enjoying...

07-18-2019, 08:50 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  Working...
                  X