• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conceived week after period

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conceived week after period

Hi everyone, for some background information I had been using a copper IUD for a year before it slipped out of place and I ended up pregnant. The ultrasound revealed that I conceived only a week after my last period - my last period had been a week and 3 days later than usual. My cycles are typically at the long end, and are only regular enough for me to know that I can get my period anywhere between 4-6 weeks (extremely rare that I get it at 4 weeks, though).

I'm just wondering how I could have ovulated only a week after my period? They say you ovulate two weeks before your next period, so maybe I was going to get a very early period after my very late one? Anyone else have a similar experience? I'm 19 years old, so maybe despite my long cycles I have a super fertility window?

Nobody can really answer that Dear, it just happens when your body has it happen. (Ovulation)

Maybe since your period had been 10 days late, you actually ovulated when you would have normally anyway, had you not been late.

You can get pregnant any time you have sex. You don't necessarily have to be ovulating on the day of intercourse either.

I take it that this is not a welcomed pregnancy?

Comment

Yep, it was not welcomed.

On the day I was expecting my period, I suddenly became anxious it wasn't coming. Sure enough, nearly two weeks later - where I attributed it to my stress, and uni was about to start as well - I did a pregnancy test, and it was instantly positive. Of course, not wanting to believe it, I did 5 more. Since I had an IUD, I had to have an urgent ultrasound to make sure it wasn't ectopic - thankfully it wasn't! I was scared all night beforehand waiting for my fallopian tubes to rupture.

I didn't want to be pregnant, and that was way more emotionally distressing than the termination I had four days after my pregnancy was confirmed. When I realised I was pregnant, I felt like I had split off into an alternate reality that I really, really didn't want to exist in - and I only felt normal again after the termination. I was fortunate enough to have my boyfriend and mother supporting me, and I think it's easier accessing women's healthcare in Australia than say, America.

I have the ability to see the positive side of literally everything, so I'm grateful for the experience; at least I know my partner and I are very fertile, and we both want kids in the future. And when we do, I think I'll have to lock my kids away between the ages of 17-20 - my grandmother became pregnant at 20, my mum became pregnant at 17 (she also had an abortion) and now I have been pregnant at 19! I had a new copper IUD inserted, because when it doesn't move it's extremely effective.

I like being able to share my experience, because it only occurred in the space of 5 days, and I want to hold onto the lessons I learned and the bravery I had during it (I did a blood test to confirm my pregnancy, and that's one of my worst fears due to my blood phobia and anxiety).

Comment

Well I'm glad everything worked well for you and you had the support you needed.

You may want to learn how to recognize when your body is ovulating. It's a good way to get to know your body, and it may be helpful for the future. There are signs of it, some subtle, but you can learn the indicators and that can give you some added security for now, and helpful later when you do want to conceive.

Best of luck! Welcome to our community.

Comment

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Arial][SIZE=15px]My first child was not planned, and now we are financially stable enough to bring another child in to the world, and I am soooo excited, all though three years of no protection or birth control and never one pregnancy does have us worried. We have just started trying this week for baby number two, my question is can I get pregnant even after my period, I would love to know that I could do it at any time of the month. for more information please visit this site
          Link removed
          Last edited by atskitty2; 03-04-2018, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X