Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pregnancy and sauna

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Nikol2003
    started a topic pregnancy and sauna

pregnancy and sauna

Hey. I'm interested in the question of how a large temperature affects a child. I really love the sauna. It is not known exactly which thermal exposure is dangerous for a child exposed to heat. It is assumed that the damage causes a prolonged increase in the mother's body temperature to 39 ° C and above.
    I think most women automatically get out of the water as soon as they get too hot, even before their body temperature reaches 39 ° C.
    The latest studies have shown that a pregnant woman can stay in a bath with a water temperature of 39 ° C for fifteen minutes, and at the same time her body temperature does not rise to a dangerous level.
    Sauna, apparently, is also safe for a pregnant woman.
    I read that in Finland, where a sauna is a common occurrence, pregnant women limit their stay to it by ten minutes, and in this country there is no increased number of fetal anomalies caused by high fever.
    Who knows what about this experience. I do not want to lose my habit for 9 months. Good luck to all.

• jns
    replied
    In the USA, 39 Centigrade translates to 102.2 Fahrenheit which is a moderate fever as best I know. Although such a temperature is not desirable, I have a hard time believing it does any serious damage to a fetus. Otherwise, many children would be born with in the womb defects. Decades ago there weren't drugs to control temperatures so such defects would have been apparent. The problem would be that higher temperatures, such as at 40 Centigrade would start to cause problems if they continue for long. There isn't enough flesh thickness outside of the amniotic sac to maintain a significantly lower temperature than the outside water. It would take some time for the fluids in the amniotic sac to warm which is probably the reason for the time limits in hot water. Maybe the margin of error in the temperature is being included in saying that 39 is the maximum.

Leave a comment:

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• new man needs help

just joined for some advice. i married a women 38 years ago who was a virgin at the time and never had an orgasm or never masturbated. After several...

Yesterday, 04:39 PM By hornyallthetime
  • Reply to Husband seeking advice

Husbandseekingadvice - Awesome! It sounds like you've got a solid plan in place to fix all of this before it becomes unfixable. Kudos to you for being...

Yesterday, 03:00 PM By Ashlee T.

Hey ATSkitty, thanks for taking the time to reply! She is in therapy two days a week. I signed both of us up for planet fitness bc the couple that sweets...

Yesterday, 12:49 PM By Husbandseekingadvice

Ashlee, I hope you are having a killer day! Thank you for your post!
    i agree 100 with you. I think I have been avoiding the whole situation together....

Yesterday, 12:43 PM By Husbandseekingadvice

I agree with a lot of what Ashlee recommends.
    I would say this regarding her venting sessions however: is she willing to see a counselor? I think...

Yesterday, 12:00 PM By atskitty2

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• new man needs help

just joined for some advice. i married a women 38 years ago who was a virgin at the time and never had an orgasm or never masturbated. After several...

Yesterday, 04:39 PM By hornyallthetime
  • Husband seeking advice

Hey! I need your advice. My wife is super stressed. I am lost in my role as a husband on how to help her.

The last 6 months have been absolutely...

Yesterday, 08:05 AM By Husbandseekingadvice
  • The End Of DVDs and CDs

I have not bought any DVDs or CDs for a few years now and never will again.

I have given away 30 odd CDs and now stick to YouTube. I want...

04-19-2019, 01:33 PM By Popcorn&Candy
  • New to divorce and sharing kids

I wasn’t sure where to post this. Does anyone here been divorced and share joint custody with ex?

We have. 4,5 and 6 week old daughters...

04-18-2019, 11:20 PM By Kaja9584
  • Can’t tell if I’m squirting or what? Please help

Hello, so I never squirted before and never really tried to but lately I’ve been using a vibrator on my clit and couple of days ago, I held it on there...

04-17-2019, 12:13 AM By Avvybaby
Working...
X