Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pregnancy and sauna

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• pregnancy and sauna

Hey. I'm interested in the question of how a large temperature affects a child. I really love the sauna. It is not known exactly which thermal exposure is dangerous for a child exposed to heat. It is assumed that the damage causes a prolonged increase in the mother's body temperature to 39 ° C and above.
    I think most women automatically get out of the water as soon as they get too hot, even before their body temperature reaches 39 ° C.
    The latest studies have shown that a pregnant woman can stay in a bath with a water temperature of 39 ° C for fifteen minutes, and at the same time her body temperature does not rise to a dangerous level.
    Sauna, apparently, is also safe for a pregnant woman.
    I read that in Finland, where a sauna is a common occurrence, pregnant women limit their stay to it by ten minutes, and in this country there is no increased number of fetal anomalies caused by high fever.
    Who knows what about this experience. I do not want to lose my habit for 9 months. Good luck to all.

• In the USA, 39 Centigrade translates to 102.2 Fahrenheit which is a moderate fever as best I know. Although such a temperature is not desirable, I have a hard time believing it does any serious damage to a fetus. Otherwise, many children would be born with in the womb defects. Decades ago there weren't drugs to control temperatures so such defects would have been apparent. The problem would be that higher temperatures, such as at 40 Centigrade would start to cause problems if they continue for long. There isn't enough flesh thickness outside of the amniotic sac to maintain a significantly lower temperature than the outside water. It would take some time for the fluids in the amniotic sac to warm which is probably the reason for the time limits in hot water. Maybe the margin of error in the temperature is being included in saying that 39 is the maximum.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Today, 01:11 AM By jns
    • Reply to ***Ladies reaction to men at a nude beach/pool***

The term “business process” is used to describe the organization and structure of interrelated actions of company employees with the only purpose...

Yesterday, 01:51 AM By driiols
    • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Last night I didn't notice my g/f hadn't shaved in a while. I wouldn't have noticed if she hadn't of brought it to my attention.

07-19-2019, 06:42 PM By WaveRider
    • Reply to Have You Ever Let A Guy Cum Inside You? Do You Want To? – Discuss

Very recently my g/f told me that she has girlfriends and has known girlfriends who detested/have detested cum. My g/l loves it with the caveat that many...

07-19-2019, 06:37 PM By WaveRider
    • Reply to Next revolution(s)

The extreme materialization of ourselves is expressed by locking our Self into only what the senses perceive. This becomes the only reality. As a result...

07-19-2019, 06:25 PM By driiols

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Today, 01:11 AM By jns
    • Introduction

Hello Everyone!
      I am new to this forum.

06-27-2019, 04:40 AM By linakhonde
    • motivation

can't find the "motivation" post of mine so assuming it was started in past year & gone with rest of my last year posts that vanished mysteriously...

07-13-2019, 11:32 AM By amy40
    • Author To Check Out

Serena Valentino. She has written for Autumn Publishing:

Fairest Of All
      Mistress Of All Evil
      Poor Unfortunate Soul
      The...

07-18-2019, 08:56 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • A Woman Of Substance

By Barbara Taylor Bradford. This book was published in 1981 and is still being read today.

I am on the second chapter and am really enjoying...

07-18-2019, 08:50 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    Working...
    X