• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I havent gotten my period

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I havent gotten my period

About 3 weeks ago, I began taking an upped dose of my birth control because I had been bleeding nonstop on my previous dose. Two days ago, I began taking the pills (3 so far) that give me my period, but I have not seen any signs of that coming. I had sex 2 times about a week ago while on my birth control, a condom, and my boyfriend did not cum near, inside, or on me. But I am worried that I may have gotten pregnant due to the possibility of it getting on the package of wet wipes we both used to clean up since he touched it first.
    I'm mainly asking if upping my birth control could make my period not come, but I also want to know if I could possibly be pregnant.

Please help!

Has a doctor suggested that you up your dose? Comments: Beautiful Disaster , atskitty2 , Claret .
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Any time you change the balance of hormones in your body, whether by stress or chemical means, you run the chance of either a) getting pregnant or b) halting a period. Given that you had breakthrough bleeding on the lower dose and then immediately (?) changed to a higher dose it is unlikely that you are pregnant. However, when in doubt, check it out. Purchase a home pregnancy test kit and see what it says.

Comment

Hey! Yes, I'm confused about why you would change your dosage? Do you just mean that you were prescribed a new pill with a different level of hormones OR do you mean you started taking more than one pill a day?

It doesn't sound like you're pregnant. It sounds like your hormones are out of whack.
        "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

I changed doses because my birth control was causing constant break through bleeding. I only upped the amount of hormones, I still take it at the same time every day

Comment

How did you up the amount of hormones?
            "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Wow, I think changing the dose of any hormone pill without a doctor's advice is a really bad idea! Small changes can have huge results!
              To Chay, I would say it's very very unlikely you are pregnant from using "contaminated" wet ones.

Comment

Working...
              X