Is it possible I'm pregnant despite negative tests

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Is it possible I'm pregnant despite negative tests

First off, I use condoms and birth control when I have sex. I have taken 2 tests, both negative. And had 2 regular periods. But I know tests can show negative, and you can still get your period while pregnant. It has been about a month and 3 weeks to two months since I had sex. I have been having nausea throughout the day for over a month now. I have had no other signs except for my belly getting bigger recently. That might just be me gaining weight since I have been boredom snacking for about the past 2 weeks. I can't go to the doctor to get a blood test done since I cant risk my mom finding out. So is it possible that I could still be pregnant?

• Hi Chay!

Is it POSSIBLE you're pregnant? Yes. Any time you have intercourse, it is always possible.

But, is it likely you are pregnant? No.

If it's been nearly two months since you've had intercourse, your body would already be well underway producing pregnancy hormone at this point, which would show up on a pregnancy test. False negatives are rare, especially two of them. In addition, the fact that you are having periods further reinforces your lack of pregnancy in my opinion.

It sounds like if you're using condoms and birth control correctly, your chances of becoming pregnant are nearly zero. (NOT zero...but close to it.)

If I understand correctly, the only reason you think you may be pregnant is that your belly is getting bigger and nausea. That could be many things, but especially could be a digestive issue. Boredom snacking can also pack on the lbs, especially over the holidays when snacks are more readily available. Maybe you are eating snacks your body doesn't agree with. Maybe you have some food sensitivities.

I do not think there is any reason to believe you are pregnant. I hope this helps!
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• I have not heard of having a period while pregnant. A period would cause the walls of the uterus to slough off causing an implanted embryo to be expelled. A non-implanted embryo would be flushed out by the flow. What can happen is implantation bleeding that will possibly mimic a light period. Beautiful Disaster gave you good advice.
      I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
      Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Working...
      X