Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plan B During end of fertility window

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Plan B During end of fertility window

Hi, so I messed up and ejaculated inside the woman I'm currently seeing about 2 weeks ago. We barely know each other (2 months) and made a horrible drunken mistake.
    Right after we finished, she said she might've been ovulating so I went out at 3 AM and bought an ovulation test which came back positive and we started freaking out.

Around noon the next day, she took the ovulation test again, and it came back negative. Later, she took Levonorgestrel (about 15 hours after intercourse). After 11 days, she took a pregnancy test, and it came back Negative, but on the next day, she started spotting and today (13th day), she spotted again. We are very worried and would like some help. Is this because of the MAP, or is there a higher chance of it being implementation Bleeding?

One more piece of info: She started getting intense cramps about a week after the pill, but they stopped 4 days later with no period. Since then, she's been having mild cramps that keep coming and going.

Also, her regular period is supposed to come on thursday.
    Thanks.

• Originally posted by Keroni View Post
    Hi, so I messed up and ejaculated inside the woman I'm currently seeing about 2 weeks ago. We barely know each other (2 months) and made a horrible drunken mistake.
    Right after we finished, she said she might've been ovulating so I went out at 3 AM and bought an ovulation test which came back positive and we started freaking out.

Around noon the next day, she took the ovulation test again, and it came back negative. Later, she took Levonorgestrel (about 15 hours after intercourse). After 11 days, she took a pregnancy test, and it came back Negative, but on the next day, she started spotting and today (13th day), she spotted again. We are very worried and would like some help. Is this because of the MAP, or is there a higher chance of it being implementation Bleeding?

One more piece of info: She started getting intense cramps about a week after the pill, but they stopped 4 days later with no period. Since then, she's been having mild cramps that keep coming and going.

Also, her regular period is supposed to come on thursday.
    Thanks.
    Using a pregnancy test kit too soon may lead to inaccurate results since the hormone production from pregnancy hasn't ramped up enough yet. The general rule is to take it the week after the missed period for the most accurate results. The fact she may have started her period, if it is that, a bit early is not unusual since periods can be irregular and the use of the morning after pill probably upset her normal cycle. Read up on the side effects. Levonorgestrel may not be effective for stopping implantation and may not be effective for women over 80 kg. per what I read in Wikipedia. With the test and the MAP it is probably less likely for her to be pregnant but I wouldn't say unlikely or highly unlikely just yet. I would have her take another pregnancy test in a week or so and possibly one a week after that. If they all come out negative I would say it is unlikely or highly unlikely she is pregnant.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Originally posted by jns View Post

Using a pregnancy test kit too soon may lead to inaccurate results since the hormone production from pregnancy hasn't ramped up enough yet. The general rule is to take it the week after the missed period for the most accurate results. The fact she may have started her period, if it is that, a bit early is not unusual since periods can be irregular and the use of the morning after pill probably upset her normal cycle. Read up on the side effects. Levonorgestrel may not be effective for stopping implantation and may not be effective for women over 80 kg. per what I read in Wikipedia. With the test and the MAP it is probably less likely for her to be pregnant but I wouldn't say unlikely or highly unlikely just yet. I would have her take another pregnancy test in a week or so and possibly one a week after that. If they all come out negative I would say it is unlikely or highly unlikely she is pregnant.
      Thank you for your quick reply! She weighs around 55-60 KG, so she should be fine in that area. We know we should've waited on the test, but we at least wanted to get some good news. She is going to try to get a blood test done ASAP, but we're gonna try the home-tests again tomorrow!
      We have read up on the side-effects, but they are too similar to implantation bleeding, which has caused us to be even more nervous about it.

She said it doesn't feel like her period, since it was only a few drops of blood and the color was a bit darker. (which again, could be either one of the previously established options..)

The home test that she did was one that was said to give accurate results 4 days prior to your period date, which is why we tried it.
      Her actual period date is on Thursday, but she has only been feeling very mild cramps that come and go..

Comment

• Plan B can cause a whole array of side effects that can last for a solid month or two after taking it. Most of those side effects are hormonal in nature, similar to PMS or pregnancy. Cramping, spotting, bloating, sore breasts, nausea, etc.

If she took Plan B within the time frame specified after intercourse, she is very very unlikely pregnant. And most likely experiencing the not so pleasant side effects of Plan B.
        "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Hi Guys!

Wondering if I can get some advice here. I was on Yasmin for years and about a year ago switched to Lo Loestrin because my...

Today, 09:59 AM By lp84
        • Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

I’m 22 years old, and my cramps have always been very bad to the point that I throw up and miss school or practice. Is something wrong with me, because...

Today, 05:40 AM By jehand
        • Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Yesterday, 01:11 AM By jns
        • Reply to ***Ladies reaction to men at a nude beach/pool***

The term “business process” is used to describe the organization and structure of interrelated actions of company employees with the only purpose...

07-20-2019, 01:51 AM By driiols
        • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Last night I didn't notice my g/f hadn't shaved in a while. I wouldn't have noticed if she hadn't of brought it to my attention.

07-19-2019, 06:42 PM By WaveRider

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Hi Guys!

Wondering if I can get some advice here. I was on Yasmin for years and about a year ago switched to Lo Loestrin because my...

Today, 09:59 AM By lp84
        • Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

I’m 22 years old, and my cramps have always been very bad to the point that I throw up and miss school or practice. Is something wrong with me, because...

Today, 05:40 AM By jehand
        • Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Yesterday, 01:11 AM By jns
        • Introduction

Hello Everyone!
          I am new to this forum.

06-27-2019, 04:40 AM By linakhonde
        • motivation

can't find the "motivation" post of mine so assuming it was started in past year & gone with rest of my last year posts that vanished mysteriously...

07-13-2019, 11:32 AM By amy40
        Working...
        X