Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superfetation

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

• Interesting.

This is something I've gone back and forth on with various people for decades, including my cousin who's an ob-gyn and says that women can't have their period while they're pregnant.

My wife is constantly paranoid about being pregnant and even her period doesn't completely comfort her. We've been married for 19 years and she just said, "I hope you're not a daddy," two days ago. She's on her period! I don't even try to reason with her anymore. She claims that her mother got her period when she was pregnant.
    "Those sowing seed with tears
    Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• Interesting topic. Although it is practically impossible in humans, it CAN happen. In fact, the female human body is made in a way that intends to eliminate this from happening entirely. But sometimes...there is a quirk.

It is super unusual to ovulate while pregnant...so that would be the first hurdle. Once a woman is pregnant, her hormone levels change such that a fertilized egg even implanting into the womb would be a second major hurdle. If you've heard of "the mucous plug" when a woman is pregnant - even though that's not what it's there for it SHOULD block swimmers from passing through to begin with.

The same thing goes for periods while pregnant. Some women DO have what seem like periods while pregnant, especially in the first trimester. It defies hormonal logic to think that a true period could occur, but then again, ovulating while already pregnant defies logic, too. Some people will tell you it CAN'T happen, but "CAN'T HAPPEN" is a thing we should be careful of saying where the physical body is concerned.
      "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Believe In Kindred Spirits, Soulmates, And Twin Flames? - Discuss!

We hear a lot of talk about finding a soulmate, but did you know there are kindred spirits and twin flames out there also? Maybe you have met yours?...

10-15-2019, 08:43 AM By Alison H.
      • Nice to meet you!

My name's Eileen. It will take awhile before I'm able to find my way around here.

10-15-2019, 02:25 AM By EileenFrazier
      • Hi :)

I am Kayla. I am New Member of this form. I am happy to be a part of this forum.

10-15-2019, 02:22 AM By KaylaGarcia
      • Hello All

Hi everyone,
        I'm quite happy to have found a forum that hopefully will give plenty of advice and insight on all sorts of womanly things; and maybe...

10-15-2019, 02:15 AM By ConnieBlake
      • Hello Everyone

Well my name is Misa. I'm 29 and I'm from New York. I'm a mother to two beautiful little girls and soon a baby boy. I have been married to my husband...

10-15-2019, 01:58 AM By JackMaxwell
      Working...
      X