Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vaginal Discharge

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaginal Discharge

Hello, I'm 19 years old now and I have had a problem for quite some time. I started my period in the year 2000 but before I ever started it, I started getting alot of vaginal discharge. I was afraid to tell anyone and never went to the doctor for it until a year ago. It's sometimes white but sometimes it has a little yellowish color. There is a smell but I can't describe it. Also, after my periods it's a little brownish color. It comes out frequently durring the day and always leaves white residue, i guess on my panties. Also, when I have sex it comes out alot, too. I don't know what to do, I've been to the doctor twice and he's given me two different medications but netiher worked. Also I've tried over the counter yeas infection kits and dousches. Nothing seems to help but I can't stand it anymore. Almost every day it feels like leaking and I can't tell if it's just this or if I've started my period, so I usually ignore it but then I'm afraid I'll ignore it the wrong time and I'll have a big red spot on my pants. Please help!!

Nicole

• i feel u...

i have tha same problem. i went to tha doctor n tried a few meds but doesn't help.. what i did is made an appt. with my doctor cuz i usually c tha nurse practioner. n talk with him. i'm hoping he'll know whats goin on.. if ur doctor ain't helping then go c another one.. hope u get rid of it... ttyl

Comment

• I used to have the same problem when I was about 15 years old. I am now 25 and this is no longer happening. I've tried a lot of meds but nothing really helped. My periods were also irregular so I had two problems to deal with, until I met one of the best gynecologists. She actually told me that there is no medicine for discharge and that sometimes it goes away on its own. However, she gave me birth control pills to regulate my period and she mentioned that they MIGHT help with the discharge as well. She never promised anything, therefore I am not promising that this will work for you but it doesn't hurt to try. I took the pills for a couple of months, my periods started being regular and the discharge simply disappeared! Was it because of the birth control pills? I really can't tell but you can try it. It's not going to happen overnight of course so just give it a time and see.

I guess I should mention that sometimes when I am really stressed I might get a little bit of discharge but it's not like it used be and it only happens occasionally. I've noticed that my periods are irregular whenever I am not on the pill but it's ok...I got used to it.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X