Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bladder infection?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bladder infection?

Hey everyone,

I've recently noticed, and my family and friends, that I have to go to the bathroom way too often than normal. I'll go 6 times in a day maybe. Also, a few days before my period, during the evening, my stomach would get extremely bloated... so bloated I couldn't eat or even stand up straight.. also I'd always be pooping minutes after every meal I'd eat... I also had insanely bad shivers when I'd feel bloated at night. I currently have my period so I cannot tell if the pains in my stomach are from my period or from my bladder... but not only is my stomach below my belly button hurting but it also feels like something is putting pressure on my bladder all the time.
    Help! =/

• I have had two bladder infections, both of which caused me to feel badly enough that i finally went to the doctor. I was very lethargic, felt like I had a low grade fever, had lots of lower back pain, felt very bloated, urinated or felt need to urinate frequently and experienced a very odd sensation when I'd urinate.

With what you're saying, I can't tell whether this is a issue of just being very bloated. The shivers make me think you've been running a fever.

I would highly suggest a doctors visit for a simple urinalysis which will within minutes let you know if there are white blood cells, blood, or protein in your urine all three of which point to a bladder infection or some sort of UTI.

Hope you feel better soon.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Well, I the same, was getting shivers, and burning sensation when urinating. I went to the doctors yesterday and I have a bladder infection. but I also had the bloating, fever, soar lower back. LAways feeling I have urinate and so on. I would go get checked, sicne i waited long and now I am bleeding from my bladder. WHen I ruinate, there is blodd threw it. It is very painfull to urinate for about 2 days the doctor told me until the antibiotics set in.

Drink lots of pure cranberry juice.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X