Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Titled Back Uterus

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titled Back Uterus

I just went to the gyno and he made a comment that I had a tilted back uterus. He asked me if anyone had told me that before. I said no and that was it. However, after I left I started worrying that it may effect my ability to have children or even make it difficult to get pregnancy. Does anyone else have a tilted back uterus and can give me any information?

• I've been told by my doctor that my uterus is tilted as well. It doesn't affect your ability to get pregnant, I finally understood why it's so hard for me to get tampons in, the doctor told me that it was hard to get the speculum in me for my exam because my uterus was tilted.

Nothing to worry about!

Comment

• My doctor told me I had a tilted uterus to. I just had surgery to correct it because it was causing me a lot of pain. I was told that it could lessen your chance to become pregnant only if there are other problems like endometriosis. They tighten ligaments around the uterus to bring it to the right position, and after healing time, things should be more comfortable. They suggested that I have the surgery, but only because I was having painful periods. It also caused back problems, which hopefully will be mostly taken care of. But, if you are really worried, talk with him about the options there are. There are a few that can correct it without surgery I've heard, but they are less effective. So, just talk with him. He should be able to tell you more about corrective methods. If he doesn't (because it took me a few years of looking for a doctor that would help me with my pain) get a second opinion.

Comment

• No problem

I have a tilted uterus. I have 3 happy healthy little boys. No problems conceiving or delivering. You will be fine.

Comment

• Tipped Uterus and Sex

My gyno told me I have a tipped uterus and no big deal...except for the fact that when I have sex my cervix gets jammed by my guys penis and it is really painful. I asked my gyno and she said it was normal and that I should just have sex on my side. I am wondering if anyone has had this problem and has had the surgery (uplift procedure) to correct it and how it went (painful?) any advice would be great.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X