Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pap every 2 years

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLESSED92380
    replied
    In my honest opinion I would not tell any woman to get a PAP just every two years. My doctor told me the same thing and now I have an abnormal PAP. I waited two years like suggested.

I now got back to following results which may or may not be cervical cancer but basically it is pre cancerous:

Epithelial cell abnormality. Low-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion, Mild dysplasia is present. CELLS SUSPICIOUS FOR A HIGH GRADE LESION ARE ALSO PRESENT.

I have to go for a colposcopy this Thursday so that they can view and biopsy the abnormal cells.

I would insist on getting a Pap every year. It is your right and will give you peace of mind.

Leave a comment:

• TruLaLa
    replied
    oh....

ok then then i guess LOL u answered your own question good luck hun

Leave a comment:

• WildChild
    replied
    Meaning every two years.

Leave a comment:

• WildChild
    replied
    This is the current standard.

Leave a comment:

• TruLaLa
    replied
    NO buT u should always have 1 every year for your own peace of mind

Leave a comment:

• jewels_216
    started a topic Pap every 2 years

Pap every 2 years

Hello all!
    I had a scheduled appt with my GP to have my yearly Pap test. My period came early so she was unable to do the test. She looked at my chart and told me that since all of my tests have come back normal in the last 7 years, that I didn't have to have one done every year, I could have one done every 2 years instead.
    I just wanted to know if anyone else has been told this. I totally trust my GP and know that she wouldn't stear me wrong. It makes sense that I have always had to call them to make my appt, opposed to the office calling me and telling me it was that time again!
or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to have you had sex outside?

thanks for sharing everyone!

we only did it outside twice
    once time was on vacation

it's exciting cause there's always...

05-12-2022, 05:37 PM By amy40
  • Reply to Egg Donation

Vanessa R. Thank you so much for sharing your experience! It sounds like even the screening process is lengthy (which does make sense like you mentioned)...

05-12-2022, 10:45 AM By Zoë T.
  • Reply to have you had sex outside?

Alison H. I agree with the question you raised! Does tent sex count!? The only time I had sex outside was on a camping trip (technically inside) a tent....

05-12-2022, 10:31 AM By Zoë T.
  • Reply to gifts for spouse/boyfriends

I discovered the gift of experiences this past Christmas — I bought a few of them for people because I thought it was SO cool. I'll have to look up...

05-11-2022, 09:57 AM By Alison H.
  • Reply to Underwear or not?

I do — but I'm so prone to UTIs (thanks, menopause!) that I'm afraid not to. I USED to skip underwear years ago, but it's been a LONG time.

05-11-2022, 09:46 AM By Alison H.
widgetinstance 381 (Latest Topics On Our Forums) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X