Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fibroid tumors

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• veearnis
    replied
    Fibroids

As has been stated previously, fibroids are caused by estrogen dominance. Medically the cause is 'unknown'. The typical treatment is hysteroctomy, either partial or complete (who needs those overies anyway?), otherwise known as female castration.

Hysteroctomy shortens the length of the vagina at least an inch while destroying nerves that may or may not regenerate. It put the female (if complete) into instant menopause and prematurely disrupts the entire endocrine system.

After a hysteroctomy, the women is often put on unopposed estrogen. Which is physiologically silly, since the cause of the intial gyn problem was ESTROGEN dominance.

Therefore, it makes a great deal more sense to find someone who understands functional endocrinology (that is probably NOT your typical GYN or endocrinologist), who uses testing methods that can actually analyize the imbalances within the body, and supply the needed help to correct the imbalance.

That being said, it is often hard to SHRINK the fibroids from a natural standpoint. However, once the body is supplied with what it needs, it can stop the growth of fibroids.

There is a great deal of current research on IODINE supplementation having quite interesting effects on fibroids, poly-cystic breasts, and breast cancer. Dr. Abraham, MD is the leading researcher in this field.

There is a great deal of help available to persons who are discerning enough, persistant and willing to take their health into their own hands. Health is a participation sport, you cannot have someone 'fix you'. Remember that YOU are the expert of your own body. No one knows your body better than you. If all you can say is,"Hey, it hurts when I do this" that is expert enough. YOU have to put up with the consequences of your choices, no one else does.

If you are interested in further information, please email me privately.

Labron Allen, ND, ACN, CTN

"All statements are for educational purposes only. They are not to be construed as a diagnoses, treatment, cure, prevention, or mitigation of anykind. The statements above are NOT from a state licensed medical doctor and must be taken with a grain of salt."
    Last edited by womens-health; 04-10-2007, 09:38 AM. Reason: outbound links are not allowed outside of signature

Leave a comment:

• commonsense
    replied
    fibroids

Fibroids are fed by estrogen. Menopause decreases estrogen and fibroids shrink. Anything you take in addition to your normal estrogen (birth control pills,some soy etc.) will fuel the fibroids. There has been some reseach on the effects of FLAXSEED OIL helping shrink fibroids. You should talk to your doctor and do some research on natural products. Also, cabbage contains natural hormone regulators for the uterus. Carrots help guard against cancer. DR.HELEN from ASKDRHELEN.com has a good book on natural aids.
    Last edited by commonsense; 04-06-2007, 07:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jesluvme
    replied
    Fibroids

I've had fibroids since 89. I've been to many drs and the amle drs suggest a hysterectomy and the females suggest living with them. I'm 51 and the fibroids are the size of grapefruit. They are painful sometimes but overall they don't bother me.

Hysterectomies aren't for everyone. I don't like the thought of surgery unless it's live threatening. If I were you I would find out about embolism (where the blood supply to the fibroids are cut off). One of my friends had an embolism and she's fine. Though, she is 10 yrs younger.

Birth control pills aids in their growth. Excerise regularly that helps.

Good luck!!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    fibroid tumors

Several years ago I was told that I have two fibroids, one the size of a lemon. Do you know if they go away BEFORE menopause?

Are you experiencing symptoms from your fibroids? Do you have irregular periods, or back pain? I'm not sure, but I think these play a part in determining when/whether to consider a hysterectomy.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic fibroid tumors

fibroid tumors

I found out I have 5 fibroid tumors ans an enlarged utertus. I am scared because all I have heard is hesterectmy I don't want to hear that. What is so strange is every woman that I have talked to lately seem to have had hestrectmy and seem ok with it. Tell me is it true that you no longer have a sexual desire. I am scared. How long can I go without the surgery?
or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Am I dumb to love him?

You're not dumb to love someone like this - we feel what we feel, and it can't really be helped. I do think it's important to be real with yourself about...

Yesterday, 10:01 AM By Kayla Lords
  • Reply to Crystal Dildos: Kitchy or Kinky?

I can't imagine using a crystal dildo but I would definitely buy one I found particularly beautiful (whether I displayed it or not).

My concern,...

Yesterday, 09:55 AM By Kayla Lords
  • Reply to Crystal Dildos: Kitchy or Kinky?

I don’t think I’d want to use any porous material like crystal (or wood, or anything organic) as an internal sex toy. But it might be a fun thing...

Yesterday, 04:18 AM By Wednesday L.F.
  • Reply to Squirting and Orgasms in general, help

Hi there, I’d just like to point out that relaxing and staying in the moment is essential for sexual pleasure. Focusing on specific achievements, whether...

Yesterday, 04:15 AM By Wednesday L.F.
  • Reply to Am I dumb to love him?

I don’t think you’re dumb — people fall in love every day with folks who will break their hearts for one reason or another.

You mention...

12-02-2021, 03:20 PM By Alison H.

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
X