Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for some help...

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some help...

Ok, I have been having problems with itchiness in the vaginal area for a while now. I went to my gynecologist and was told it was nothing and it usually happens around the menstrual cycle ((Also a lot of discharge)). Now, I notice on my clitoris, it looks almost as if it is cut. I dont know how to explain it. About a week or two ago, I noticed on one side it was red, almost as if it has been bleeding. Now I checked to see if it was gone, and it is still there but the same thing is on the other side. Any ideas of what might be causing this? And sometimes, the itching is so bad that I cant take it anymore and it starts to bleed a little...I dont want to go back to the doctor and spend the money only to be told that its nothing. Please help me out.

• Sounds like a real bad yeast infection.

Some pills can be too strong for some girls and "thrush" occurs just before your periods, also nylon panties, can irritate, soaps..

If your scratching like there's no tomorrow, it will get red and it will bleed.

In the interim, warm water, salt and vinegar dabbed *(will burn a bit), will relieve it, or have a bath with salt in it, salt heals and vinegar stops the itching.

Natural yoghurt is a good healer as well.. But, both take time whereas you can take a Thrush tablet from over the counter of Chemists and cream, and it can be gone in a day.

I think you need to discuss "yeast infections / thrush" with your Doctor because I doubt that you have explained where you are now at, it was much milder I think when you spoke with them.

It's a woman thing, not nice to go through at all.. Don't go it alone.

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• OOhhhhh I wouldn't put salt or vinegar on that - sounds more like a punishment although it may help. Use plain yogurt in your vagina and on your labial area to sooth it and help heal. CW is right eating yogurt is good, removing sugar and refined flour products from your diet can help too. Taking Acidophilous may help as well, however a full fledged yeast infection can be difficult to get rid of entirely and left untreated your partner can reinfect you.

Another possiblity I have discussed before is a chemical sensitivity, scented or deodorant feminine products or laundry products can be a problem as well as things like parabens in virtually all health and beauty products sold in the US. Eliminating these products and wear cotton undies, loose fitting garments (certainly no camel toes), lots of air flow may help, you might want to wear skirts and no underwear for a while, no pantyhose - if you have to wear some type get stockings.

Really another trip to the doc and insist they test you this time, would be best. If you have a local family planning or STD clinic they are usually a sliding scale fee.

Comment

• Seriously!!!

1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon vinegar and 3/4 cup of warm water, it's not as bad as it sounds..

It is painful for the first few seconds, lol, as it kind of burns, but what it is doing is burning the itching so you can cope, you bathe it on with cotton wool.

I know it's an old one, but when I was 11, ( thank God) only for 2 years, this is the only method that worked, helped, me...

Put it this way, my Mother would have to hold my hands down, having woken in the middle of the night doing the same thing, scratching like...... until the bath was full, or she made this up for me, to use.

It was the only thing that stopped me from scratching...

Hense, ahh this bought back horrible memories...

Ahh being a woman!!!!!!

Comment

• Hey, I think I am going through same for past few months. I never thought it would be a kinda infection. I thought it is temptation for sex. Actually my boy friend had a bad history in sex. He had many gals before who were older to him bye years and even their history was not good from what i got to know from him. When I get this itchiness, what i do is use jet flush in the washroom that gives me relief.But becuase of external masturbation, my clits have started growing bigger. What am i suppose to do in that case? Do i need a gynach.

Comment

• It sounds like you are confused about anatomy, you only have one clit. Are you perhaps refering to your labia?

Comment

• I dont know if I let you all know or not, but the concoction, didnt work. I have yet to make an appointment with the dr...It sucks because I go to work at 8:15am, they dont open till 8:30. I go on lunch at noon, they close their phone lines at noon for lunch. If I get caught on the phone at work, I get written up...I work with kids. So I have no idea hw I am going to make an appt...

Comment

• In Australia we can get a tablet at the Chemist for thrush... without a prescription.

Why not attend a Chemist where you are and ask.. If it doesn't go within 24hrs from that or almost then it's something else, but if it does, you don't need to go to see a Doctor.

CW

Comment

• hmm...I thought thrush was only in the mouth? Can it be in other places too? I will ask my pharmacist.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to have you had sex outside?

thanks for sharing everyone!

we only did it outside twice
                    once time was on vacation

it's exciting cause there's always...

05-12-2022, 05:37 PM By amy40
                  • Reply to Egg Donation

Vanessa R. Thank you so much for sharing your experience! It sounds like even the screening process is lengthy (which does make sense like you mentioned)...

05-12-2022, 10:45 AM By Zoë T.
                  • Reply to have you had sex outside?

Alison H. I agree with the question you raised! Does tent sex count!? The only time I had sex outside was on a camping trip (technically inside) a tent....

05-12-2022, 10:31 AM By Zoë T.
                  • Reply to gifts for spouse/boyfriends

I discovered the gift of experiences this past Christmas — I bought a few of them for people because I thought it was SO cool. I'll have to look up...

05-11-2022, 09:57 AM By Alison H.
                  • Reply to Underwear or not?

I do — but I'm so prone to UTIs (thanks, menopause!) that I'm afraid not to. I USED to skip underwear years ago, but it's been a LONG time.

05-11-2022, 09:46 AM By Alison H.

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• gifts for spouse/boyfriends

I struggle to know what to get for gifts

got him wireless ear buds for b'day
                    beer making kit & other stuff for Christmas

04-16-2022, 12:08 AM By amy40
                  Working...
                  X