Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Period for 5 Months...

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanieIsMyName
    replied
    Went To The Gyno..Tell Me If This Sounds Normal!

ok so i went to planned parenthood where i can get free services because i have no insurance. I told her that i havent had my period since sept(its now march), I started having lower back pain, Feel like im getting it then i dont. I explained when i do get it, i bleed dark black like tar and its thick, cramps, i've passed out, thrown up, etc. According to her she thinks nothing is wrong and that its all normal with me and i just need birth control...How can all of that be normal? Im not 15, I'm 24...what to do..

Leave a comment:

• Karenmc
    replied
    Me too

Hi

I went today. I have not had a period since Christmas. My dr. said she thing I have Polycystic Syndrome. I usually am not late however, I have now been discharging brown and blood, but not like a period for 2 weeks. She took blood and put me on estrogen. She said everything felt okay. i go back in 3 months. Let me know how you make out

Leave a comment:

• DanieIsMyName
    replied
    Thank You. I will keep you updated for sure, I'm going tonight. The only reason why i dont think its PCOS is because i havent gained weight, or have more facial hair than normal lol...IDK Guess i'll find out soon enough!

Leave a comment:

• tasha_correa
    replied
    Well there is something called PCOS (Polly Cystic Overian Syndrom), and that is what this sounds like to me. It is when you have more than once cyst on your ovaris that causes irregular periods and the more cysts the less likely you are to even obtain a period. Dont worry the cyst is begni and can be taken care of easily. It doesnt sound like cancer to me. One other thing that I can think of off hand that this may be is a hormonal imbalance. Ask your doctor to check your T3 levels and your levels of TSH in your body to check for a thyroid dissorder. You may also want him to check your estrogen and progesterone levels in your body to see if they are off. Keep us up dated as to how your appointment goes. Hope I have eased your worry. (oh, something else is stress causes irregular periods and may even cause no period at all! Some times birth control may help to regualte, and it is good to take even if you are a virgin)

Leave a comment:

• DanieIsMyName
    started a topic No Period for 5 Months...

No Period for 5 Months...

Im a virgin. 24, and not pregnant. I've had irregular periods since i've started the menstrual cycle, usually skipping 2 months...but this is the first time in a long time, that i skipped 5..i have an appt(even though i dont want to go!) but does anyone know if it could be cysts, or an imbalance, or cancer? dont want cancer...
or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to have you had sex outside?

thanks for sharing everyone!

we only did it outside twice
    once time was on vacation

it's exciting cause there's always...

05-12-2022, 05:37 PM By amy40
  • Reply to Egg Donation

Vanessa R. Thank you so much for sharing your experience! It sounds like even the screening process is lengthy (which does make sense like you mentioned)...

05-12-2022, 10:45 AM By Zoë T.
  • Reply to have you had sex outside?

Alison H. I agree with the question you raised! Does tent sex count!? The only time I had sex outside was on a camping trip (technically inside) a tent....

05-12-2022, 10:31 AM By Zoë T.
  • Reply to gifts for spouse/boyfriends

I discovered the gift of experiences this past Christmas — I bought a few of them for people because I thought it was SO cool. I'll have to look up...

05-11-2022, 09:57 AM By Alison H.
  • Reply to Underwear or not?

I do — but I'm so prone to UTIs (thanks, menopause!) that I'm afraid not to. I USED to skip underwear years ago, but it's been a LONG time.

05-11-2022, 09:46 AM By Alison H.
widgetinstance 381 (Latest Topics On Our Forums) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X