Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Birth Control + Breast Lumps?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth Control + Breast Lumps?

Hi,

I've been on Yaz for the past like 4 months and this past week I noticed two very small lumps on my right breast (I'm 22). They're like two very small pearls ir u will (round and firm). I sometimes feel like they're shrinking but I'm not sure. They're right above my nipple and they're one right next to the other. I already have an appointment with my ob/gyn but it's next week and I really need to know if this small changes can be caused by the Yaz. I mean, I think I had a similar one on my left breast and it disappeared but somehow I am really freaked out about this one.
    Anyways my question is, can birth control pills give u small breast lumps that come and go? can this be serious?
    Thanks!

• The estrogen in birth control can cause fibroid changes in the breasts. I developed a few over the summer and my OB/GYN said they were probably from the birth control. He ordered an ultrasound to be on the safe side and they were nothing but fibroids.

Good luck to you. (Although by the looks of it you've already been to the doc. Please update.)

Comment

• Just like u said.. I went to the ob/gyn and she ordered the ultrasound though she says they seem like fibroids... so I'm getting that done in about a week to make sure... I am definitely more calm now.. thanks for asking!

Comment

• Also, they can be reabsorbed on their own. I'm pregnant and my breasts are growing, therefore so are my fibroids, and it's kind of freaky but it happens. At our age the likelyhood of breast cancer is less. My OB also said "scary things happen in one place." Meaning, since I found the lumps in many places they were less likely to be cancerous.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X