Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

chlamydia

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chlamydia

hi there,

i went and had my sti tests done last week and the doctor had a look inside me too before taking swabs. she said every 'looked' fine.
    im pleased to say that all the test were negative apart from the chlamydia. which i am now about to be treated for.

but what i was wondering is, when she had a look around inside me would she have been able to see if there was any damage caused by the chlamydia if i have happened to have had it for a number of years??? and if i have had it a long time will the pills be affective??
    ive never had any symptoms apart from having cystitus once or twice.

hope this makes sense!! :-)
    any feed back is appeciated! thanks

• oh and will the treatment affect my contraceptive pill?? not that i intend on having sex with my boyfriend until we're clear anyway!!! will we be retested after??

please reply, any help appreciated!

Comment

• chlamydia is sometimes physically undetectable in women. the antibiotics will work but in terms of your birth control, be careful until you get your next period. and you wont be tested after...

TAKE ANTIBIOTICS WITH FOOD!! they made me really sick...

Comment

• just curious, did your doc prescribe antibotics for your BF too? Did he get examined?

Comment

• Any time you take antibiotics you need to take acidophilous and bifidous to maintain your intestinal flora otherwise you are very likely to end up with a yeast infection.

Comment

• It can easily be treated with antibiotics. Your boyfriend should also take the antibiotics if you have had sex with him, well, ever. Antibiotics can interfere with the effectiveness of your birth control so use protection or obstain for a while. (Look up online how long to wait for your particular type of antibiotic.)

Also, the antibiotic can upset your stomach so take it with food.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to have you had sex outside?

thanks for sharing everyone!

we only did it outside twice
              once time was on vacation

it's exciting cause there's always...

05-12-2022, 05:37 PM By amy40
            • Reply to Egg Donation

Vanessa R. Thank you so much for sharing your experience! It sounds like even the screening process is lengthy (which does make sense like you mentioned)...

05-12-2022, 10:45 AM By Zoë T.
            • Reply to have you had sex outside?

Alison H. I agree with the question you raised! Does tent sex count!? The only time I had sex outside was on a camping trip (technically inside) a tent....

05-12-2022, 10:31 AM By Zoë T.
            • Reply to gifts for spouse/boyfriends

I discovered the gift of experiences this past Christmas — I bought a few of them for people because I thought it was SO cool. I'll have to look up...

05-11-2022, 09:57 AM By Alison H.
            • Reply to Underwear or not?

I do — but I'm so prone to UTIs (thanks, menopause!) that I'm afraid not to. I USED to skip underwear years ago, but it's been a LONG time.

05-11-2022, 09:46 AM By Alison H.

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• gifts for spouse/boyfriends

I struggle to know what to get for gifts

got him wireless ear buds for b'day
              beer making kit & other stuff for Christmas

04-16-2022, 12:08 AM By amy40
            Working...
            X