Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

want to use tampons but can't..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LanaBear
    replied
    Old thread.

Closed.

Leave a comment:

• Stealth
    replied
    I don't know if you've gotten the hang of it yet, but I want to put in my two cents. I'm 22 and just barely started using tampons. I can say that the thing that helped is by practicing. Even though it was all failed attempts, it helped. I also used a mirror, which is also extremely helpful. And like some have said already, practice on your heavier days for lubrication. Two months of this, of many failed attempts, the next month I walk in and before I even I know it, the tampon was sliding in and I'm not feeling anything. Also a side note, it helps if you twist the tampon a bit to get it past the lip of the opening. Anyway, I had reached my breaking point and was resolute to get a tampon in and I did quite fast because I practiced and got use to the idea. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• tinkbear78
    replied
    coldilooks i did the same thing to get it right too! it does sound silly but it worked!! i started to use tampons when i was 12. it did feel weird but i got use to it. they might be scary at first but it gets better start on lites and work ur way up thats all i know to tell you. the best time to try them is on your light or med. days. it will feel weird even if ur not a virgin but by using them can learn alot about it before the day comes when u loose it.(virginity) hope it works

Leave a comment:

• jenna
    replied
    why tampons?

Who said you have to use tampons they are actually very bad for us they use chemicals and synthetic materials. If you think about tampons are stopping are natural flow and holding up inside us bacteria that can lead to infections like yeast just to name one. They really are not that great I use pads
    Last edited by Little; 04-26-2009, 06:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tammyc
    replied
    Originally posted by her View Post
    i am 19, a virgin and i have had my period since i was 10. i've always used pads. they are annoying and bulky and i want to use tampons because they'd be more convenient, but i don't feel comfortable at all. i've never been penetrated so it just feels really really awkward. I feel so stupid and like a little kid and it makes me so angry that i'm not mature enough to even use a tampon. all my friends do and they've had their periods for less time than me. is this normal? is there something i can do?
    use a tampon with an applicator. i find if you put your feet together then by spreading your legs wide and then insert you tampon with ky jelly it should go in. otherwise see your doctor!

Leave a comment:

• TWills32
    replied
    Buy the smallest tampons available first off. Oh, DO NOT get the cardboard applicator for your first tries. I found plastic applicators are much easier to insert. I put mine in when I'm on the toilet. The first few times, I sat on the toilet, legs spread, with one leg on the edge of the bathtub. There is an area on the applicator where you hold it (the instructions will tell you what part to hold). You push the applicator in until your fingers are touching the outside of your vagina, then you push the tampon in and the applicator out. My thumb and middle finger hold the applicator, while my pointer finger pushes the tampon in. That's just the easiest way for me. It took me several tries when I was a teenager, because I was a virgin. You get used to it after a while, really. I can't go without them now.

Also, don't take it out too soon, because it hurts like everyone else said. Try putting a tampon in on your heaviest days, so if you do need to take it out early, it won't hurt as much.

Leave a comment:

• sourpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by echoskybound View Post
    Oh, also, never try to take it out too early, I normally wait until I see a little bit of blood on the string outside because that means most of the tampon has become saturated and should slide out easier. ........ Also, when I'm not bleeding too heavily, I still use a light pad, it will hurt if you use a tampon on a light day.
    That is the WORST feeling I can think of. ((shudder))

Leave a comment:

• sourpuss
    replied
    I was terrified of tampons until I was 22! My mom never explained them to me and I never figured it out on my own. One day my friend just threw her hands up and said "We're going to the store, you're buying some tampons, you're going in the bathroom and figuring it out..NOW! And that was that.

I fumbled around with the instructions and it sucked but I finally got it and I'll never go back. You'll get it. Like others have said, start small, go slow and you''ll be just fine.

Leave a comment:

• vickibush
    replied
    go and buy five different packs of tampons ,wait until you are in your heaviest day , and sit on the toilet. [B]spread your legs [B]feel around your vagina with your finger and put ky jelly on your finger and push your finger in. then do the same with each tampon inserting it correctly into your vagina.hopefully this will help and it shouldn't hurt, nor can you feel it. pull the string down slightly. good luck.

Leave a comment:

• lime_lemur
    replied
    Oh, also, never try to take it out too early, I normally wait until I see a little bit of blood on the string outside because that means most of the tampon has become saturated and should slide out easier. It's also really important to make sure you put it in as far as it will go (applicators have finger grips on them - you should push it in until your fingers get to your vagina.) It's impossible to push it in TOO far with the applicator, but most tampon discomfort comes from not being in far enough. Also, when I'm not bleeding too heavily, I still use a light pad, it will hurt if you use a tampon on a light day.

Leave a comment:

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
X