Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about discharge, bv?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about discharge, bv?

Background: I'm 31, married almost 13 years, 3 children - the youngest is five. I've been having a weird discharge for a couple of months. Usually very thick, no matter the day of my cycle, and completely white. Very bad, nasty smell. No change in discharge after sex, bathing, anything else I can think of. I suspected bv, but there is no itching or burning whatsoever. In fact, the discharge is the only symptom at all; no irregular cycle, no cramping or anything else. But the smelly discharge has definitely put a damper on my sex life

Is the itching/burning always present with bv? Is there anything else besides bv that could be causing this strange discharge without any other symptoms? Also, are there any natural remedies or pH restoring techniques for treatment, as I'd like to avoid drugs/chemicals if possible.

• Hi, I am a first time user for this site. I to have been suffering from the same thing you have. I was treated for a bv infection a few months back and still suffer from smelly discharge with no burning or irritation. I have been retested for bv but it was negative. My dr. prescribed relagard to restore my ph level. I just got the the script today so i havent yet started it. I've been reading a lot about bv and they say that you can have all or none of the symptoms. I've also read you can test negative even though you really do have it. I think this is my case. Also for any other readers I NEED HELP! Any one no what could be wrong with me. I just also was diagnosed with hpv and had to get a colposcopy biopsy done but i am always fatigued and tired, somedays i just feel like curling up in a ball and crying all day long, I'm irritable and can sometimes get hot tempered. Also have been having a lot of trouble with acne. I never used to get acne. Along with the smelly discharge. I just feel like i'm falling apart could someone tell me what is wrong. I've explained things to my doctor but the only thing they have found wrong is my hpv with abnormal cells??

Comment

• Uptowgirl, any changes with the relagard? I was wondering how that was going and whether it was working for you.

I have an appointment with the gynecologist today. I'll update if I learn anything new.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X