Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Help, Im concerned

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WildChild
    replied
    Sounds miserable. Get in for a complete physical including blood work. Start exersizing whether you feel like it or not, it can help regulate your cycle and reduce cramping. The eating could be a compulsive behavior or it could be a body out of balance.

Are you still in school? Do you have a job? Doing what?
    Do you get out with freinds? How supportive are they or are they a source of stress?
    Are you living on your own or with family?
    Are you on the pill? Are you/have you been sexually active?
    You have anxiety about sleeping. How recent is this and is there anything else that causes anxiety or stress?
    What is your weight like? Do you snore?
    You are eating compulsively, are there specific things you crave such as salty foods, or sweets?
    DO you watch a lot of TV, play video games? What is your typical day like?

Start keeping a food diary - write down everything you eat, this will increase your awareness and make it a more conscious action. After a few days take a good look at your diet, what are you really eating and drinking? This is your body's fuel and building material. Are you using quality high octane fuel and good quality building materials or are you trying to run on soda pop and build with TP?
    Start making some changes, when you feel the urge to eat, have something else you do, like step outside and walk, even a very short distance.
    Get some blue paper and put a blue stripe across the doors to the fridge and food cupboards. The color blue acts as an appetite suppresant. Red and yellow stimulate appetite.

Do you have a journal? Try journalling before you sleep, write down what you've done that day, what you plan to do the next and any thoughts that come to mind. This may help clear your mind. Learn to meditate. There are many forms with different purposes. Personally I'm not into much of the clear your mind sort of thing - it isn't well suited to women - men are much better at not thinking than women (LOL - but really they are) instead I do a few minutes of clearing my mind and then focus on one thing, it might be the color of a blue sky and then bring in a cloud or two. The purpose is to quiet your mind and allow yourself to focus and be calm. Just spent some time 'being' in that place. Then you can give your mind something to work on. I will literally say, "OK suconscious I need an answer to...., you work on it while I sleep". Typically within a hour or two of waking the answer will come to my consciouness.

Do you have a reason to get up in the morning? Something to do, someplace to go? Do you have trouble waking?
    Make sure you go over the results of your blood work in detail. DOn't just accept drugs if they come up with something, bask about lifestyle changes. Doctors often just hand out pill under the belief that people won't make the needed changes. You need to own your health and life. Let them know you will do what is needed to improve your health! You are young and have many years ahead of you, they should be full of love and life not pills.

Leave a comment:

• CHANDLERS WISH
    replied
    Obviously, there is some form of imbalance going on, in your body, sleeping is lack of energy, tired, stressed? Cronic Fatigue?

Irregular periods sometimes boils down to not being on the right pill, and this can also make your body un-adjusted has your Doctor not recommended trying a lower dose of the pill?

Are there things stressing you at the moment, do you have other anxieties apart from sleep?

CW

Leave a comment:

• SleepingBeauty
    started a topic Please Help, Im concerned

Please Help, Im concerned

I'm not sure if these things have anything to do with each other but the fact that they're occurring all at the same time is too much of a coincidence. I am nineteen and have NO possibility of being pregnant. My period is very inconsistent since I started when I was twelve. I've gone to doctors and had tests. I've vomited before because the pain has been so intense. As I've gotten older the pain has lessened but it remains irregular. I am quite late now but I've noticed other things that are not normal for me. I have a tendency to like to sleep. However, for the past two weeks I've been sleeping CONSTANTLY. Last night I slept for fifteen hours alone. EVERY night I get sleep paralysis and I'm terrified to go to bed for fear that I won't be able to wake up. I am also eating CONSTANTLY. No matter what I eat or how much it seems I have to just keep on eating. I don't know what to do. Someone please help me in the right direction for steps to take.
or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Pubic Hair Design

I used to date a chick who was fond of shaving in designs. I could take or leave it, but the joy she got from feeling pretty “down there” made me...

Yesterday, 08:12 PM By Wednesday L.F.
  • Reply to A night away - best sex in a long time

Nice! We don’t even have kids and getting out of the apartment in favor of a hotel or hot tub can really steam things up for us. I encourage every couple...

Yesterday, 08:10 PM By Wednesday L.F.
  • Reply to hair loss

Oh man…I’m having crazy hair loss these days, starting about a year ago. My doc says stress is a key factor, but I also started taking vitamin D since...

Yesterday, 08:04 PM By Wednesday L.F.
  • Reply to gifts for spouse/boyfriends

When I run out of cool ideas, I get my hubs a nerdy T-shirt. As such, he’s got about 30 of them....

Yesterday, 07:59 PM By Wednesday L.F.
  • Reply to have you had sex outside?

thanks for sharing everyone!

we only did it outside twice
    once time was on vacation

it's exciting cause there's always...

05-12-2022, 05:37 PM By amy40
widgetinstance 381 (Latest Topics On Our Forums) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X