Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Period 4 months late! No preg, no pill!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Period 4 months late! No preg, no pill!

Hi,

Just wanna say this up front, I'm a guy asking a question for my gf. Sorry for entering this women only zone, but I really hope you can help.

My gf (19 years old) has not had her period for about 3 1/2 months now.

Hard to say now for sure, but she was waiting for her period when we had our first sex (it was her first time) - condom used, no pill.

For about a month after that we were stressing out that she might be pregnant, but we went to the clinic, and they positively said she was NOT.

Recently she has been getting cramps and all symptoms of a period, but no bleeding.

So what's wrong???

Do you think starting her on a pill would return her to the cyle?

Many thanks in advance for all your kind responses.

• First off, this is not a 'women only zone'. haha You are more than welcome here.

Second, has anything else changed for her? Weight loss? Extra stress? A lot of things can throw a woman's cycle off. It would be best to get her in to a gynecologist for a check up and be able to discuss her options and/or what could be going on.

Comment

• No, nothing in particular. She was pretty nervous for a couple of weeks about pregnancy, as I explained before, but nothing too serious.

Whenever a woman stops having her period such as in her case, could that suggest that there is a serious problem? What problems are possible?

Comment

• It could be a problem, it could be nothing. Cycles are so confusing. She should probably see a doctor to make sure nothing is going on. Has she ever had an annual check up?

Comment

• Finally here

For those who might have questions about situations such as this one -here's a little update.

Her period finally came--almost 4 months after her last period. It was a 'big one' (I'm sure you know what I mean by that) and a painful one.

So, we'll never know what caused this, maybe it was sex for the first time, maybe something else, but it all worked out.

I did some research: pretty much they say that if you don't have a period for a year then there's something wrong, but if it's a situation like this one, just don't worry about it - it'll come.

Sourpuss thanks for your help.

Comment

• we love that ur here it show that u care about ur girl this is not a girls zone any way if she starts the pill she will be fine she might jus be stress

Comment

• I'm in a similar situation, the last period I had was Feb.20th. I have never been more than a few days late before, and I know I can't be pregnant because I've never had sex. I'm a little freaked out that I still haven't gotten it yet. do you think that the stress from being so worried about not getting it yet could be the cause of actually not getting it? or could it be something else?

Comment

• Trying some ginger tea. Just make a cup of tea, add a nice slice or two of fresh ginger root, let it steep, covered for 10 mins. Usually if you are anywhere close to having a period that will get it going pretty quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by WildChild View Post
                  Trying some ginger tea. Just make a cup of tea, add a nice slice or two of fresh ginger root, let it steep, covered for 10 mins. Usually if you are anywhere close to having a period that will get it going pretty quickly.
                  thank you I'll give it a try

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                  X