Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secondary Amenorrhea Ultrasound

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sourpuss
    replied
    The ultrasound isn't particularly pleasant either but it's not unbareable, just uncomfortable. It's basically a rod like thingy and they put a condom and lubricant on it and probe you. You'll be able to see on the screen your ovaries and whatnot. (although, I can never see anything on those screens, it all looks like black scribbles and blobs to me)
    They are probably going to be checking for ovarian cysts.

It's not fun, but you'll be just fine. Just relax and ask a lot of questions. Don't let them hurry you out the door.

Leave a comment:

• archykins
    replied
    thank you I've never been to the gyno before.

Leave a comment:

• CHANDLERS WISH
    replied
    Hard one...

google the word and add, what they do...

First thing that comes to mind is a pap smear, horrid little things but only un-comfortable, inserts and takes a swab, i would maybe think a blood test as well.

None of which is anything to worry about you will be fine.

People though need to "ask" what's involved when told what is suggested by their Doctors, it's evident and obvious that they deal with all sorts every day and just go by the book, yet we are humans and kind of need the knowledge.

So when in doubt, ask and if your still worried, ring and ask now before you go.

Good luck.

CW

Leave a comment:

• archykins
    started a topic Secondary Amenorrhea Ultrasound

Secondary Amenorrhea Ultrasound

Okay so I have not had a period in 15 months. I went diligently to the clinic and each time they sent me away. I got every blood test imaginable and all came back normal. Finally today I got a doctor who realized something was wrong (he even offered to become my family doctor which is great) and he is having me go to a gynecologist for an ultrasound.

I am 20 years old and have never been before. So needless to say I am scared and figgity about it. I have no women in my life of age to speak to about this so I was wondering if anyone had anythoughts on my condition, what it would be or just tell me what to expect from the Gynecologist...would love to hear that they wont want to probe me near my lower regions...thanks,
or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to have you had sex outside?

thanks for sharing everyone!

we only did it outside twice
    once time was on vacation

it's exciting cause there's always...

05-12-2022, 05:37 PM By amy40
  • Reply to Egg Donation

Vanessa R. Thank you so much for sharing your experience! It sounds like even the screening process is lengthy (which does make sense like you mentioned)...

05-12-2022, 10:45 AM By Zoë T.
  • Reply to have you had sex outside?

Alison H. I agree with the question you raised! Does tent sex count!? The only time I had sex outside was on a camping trip (technically inside) a tent....

05-12-2022, 10:31 AM By Zoë T.
  • Reply to gifts for spouse/boyfriends

I discovered the gift of experiences this past Christmas — I bought a few of them for people because I thought it was SO cool. I'll have to look up...

05-11-2022, 09:57 AM By Alison H.
  • Reply to Underwear or not?

I do — but I'm so prone to UTIs (thanks, menopause!) that I'm afraid not to. I USED to skip underwear years ago, but it's been a LONG time.

05-11-2022, 09:46 AM By Alison H.
widgetinstance 381 (Latest Topics On Our Forums) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X