Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red cervix???????

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red cervix???????

Hi, my name is Jamie, and im new to this site!! Im writing because I have a question. I went to the gynecologist yesterday to get a annual pap smear. The doctor told me that my cervix is kinda red, but I have no abnormal discharge. After the pap smear, my abdomen started to hurt and im now im kinda worried. I called the nurse, but she wasn’t very helpful.

I haven’t had sex in a 1 year, and ive been checked for std’s, so std are out of the question. I have no abnormal discharge. I do wear tampons, but ive been off of my period for 10 days now. What could have caused the redness??? Should I be concerned about the abdominal discomfort that im experience from the pap smear? Was I suppose to be prescribed some medication for the redness of the cervix? The results of the pap wont be back for like 2 weeks. Do i need to go back to the doctor for this abdominal discomfort?

Please help!!!!!!!

• Come on, somebody has to have a response!!!!

Comment

• I don't understand why Doctor's don't "elaborate" when they advise you something..

If the Doctor thought it was a serious problem they would have conducted tests, but rather made a statement, I think.

The Pap Smear will show anything that is wrong and I believe that once those tests come back if there is something wrong, they will advise you, contact you.

As for abdominal pain that is something different, there could be an infection, i therefore suggest that you go back and see the Doctor again and advise your symptons.

As for reporting the post, I am sorry that you had not received a reply to your thread as of yet, I for one missed it, there may be a slight problem with the site at present, but reporting posts are really for advising us of spam advertising, or un-wanted language, just so you know for future.

Go back and see your Doctor and let us know how you go.

CW
      PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• The abdominal distress maybe stress related from concern over there being something wrong. The mind is a powerful factor in health. If you had no pain prior to the pap, that is very likely. I've had a number of abnormal pap smears without any pain at all (they all turned out to be nothing) Get out a try walking or getting some exersize, that may help. When you get the pap results they will let you know if follow up is needed but in the meantime relax a bit. If the pain doesn't resolve by the time you get the results then see about going back in?

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• you have it or you don't have it

When I was twenty (now 50) I had a crush on this girl at school. At the age of 19 she slept with many guys already. She wasn't interested in me sexually...

10-03-2022, 06:37 AM By rafapak
        • 7inches penis

Hello everyone, I have a question. Do women prefer small or long dicks for blowjobs? Im from latinamerica and I've had the problem that most women I've...

10-01-2022, 06:39 PM By Eric96
        • Can't take birth control pills

I thought that birth control pills could help me with so many things: preventing pregnancy, managing irregular cycles, reducing painful periods, getting...

09-29-2022, 02:53 PM By Space-Traveller
        • Hard and fast penetration

Hi
          I am the new one here and would like to say hallo to everybody. I don't have much experience with women therefore I would like to ask question....

09-29-2022, 02:16 PM By rafapak
        • Do you ever have the desire to have sex with someone other than your husband?

I am wondering if this is normal/typical with other women.

My husband and I have a great relationship and sex life. But there are two other...

09-29-2022, 11:53 AM By GingerSun
        Working...
        X