Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is wrong with me? Herpes?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is wrong with me? Herpes?

Hi,
    I am a very highly stressed and paranoid person. I have been having yeast infections repeatedly since this past summer, as well as one UTI. I did take antibiotics for the UTI and also for a staph infection, which could be one reason that I had so many yeast infections. When I took monistat, the infections got better but not completely. I went to my gynec. and she gave me diflucan, which did work. This month I had my fourth or fifth "yeast infection" and called for a refill of diflucan. They told me to come in for an exam because they think I might have herpes. They took cultures and all were negative. My blood test came up positive for HSV but I get cold sores so I don't know how to tell if I have genital herpes or not. My doctor is waiting on more tests. I took antifungal meds for four days and it seemed to get better, so I stopped. Now I have a very mild burning feeling in the genital area and A LOT of watery discharge. I am worried that I might have something other than herpes that could damage my reproductive system and I am waiting too long on these tests. They've already messed them up twice and it's been about three weeks. I should add that I am EXTREMELY paranoid-i have psychological conditions that I am not treating with medication. It is possible that I am exaggerating my symptoms because I imagine things in my body that are not there. I have had two sexual partners. My first partner had oral HSV1 and that is where I got my oral HSV1 from. We started having sex around the time I started getting infections. I also started birth control around that time. I also had a drunken one night stand with a friend after my boyfriend and I broke up-about two and a half weeks before this infection started. He says he has no STDs but I can't be sure of that. What should I do?

• They told me to come in for an exam because they think I might have herpes. They took cultures and all were negative. My blood test came up positive for HSV but I get cold sores so I don't know how to tell if I have genital herpes or not. My doctor is waiting on more tests.
    I think that your Doctors are smart because you just asked for a refill but they decided to see if there is anything more to it. Tests came back negative but they are looking into it for you.

I think you need to be patient and just wait for those tests to come back and discuss things further with them.

Herpes can be transferred, so also speak to them regarding how, and how to protect yourself and your future partner...

Even if this guy says he had no STD's, your Doctors again, are doing tests, so be patient I think is the only thing you can do.

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Dealing with all this and the various meds, you'd better back off the drinking, it's not doing you any good on several fronts. Good thing the docs are checking, just because this guy doesn't think he has anything doesn't mean he is clean. Better to be sure.

When the doc gives you meds, you need to take all of it for the full prescription, stopping because it's getting better won't get you over it and could create a situation where you get something harder to get rid of. Antibiotics can indeed set the stage for yeast to take over and it can be hard to get rid of. There was a really informative book written some years ago about yeast, called, The Yeast Connection. You miught find it very helpful in understanding how to deal with it.

At one time I had a lot of trouble with yeast, just couldn't beat it. It turned out that my then husband was playing around and reinfecting me. Once I left him and got treated I've not had a problem. What finally did the job was an older treatment. I don't know what they used but the doc jokingly told me she was going to 'paint me purple'. LOL. she did, with the giant cotton swab. It was messy but it did get rid of it.

I wrote about herpes recently but just about any skin pustule is a herpes. There are a bunch including chicken pox. Viruses can't reproduce on their own, they have to do so inside another creature's cells. Your diet can affect how hospitable an environment your body is for this. What I found researching this when I has shingles (another form of the chicken pox virus) was that the amino acid argenine helps the virus (cut out the two biggies - chocolate and nuts) and the amino acid l-lysine help inhibit the virus. The information I found recommended 100mg per 30 lbs body weight.

A good diet, sensible exersize, adequate sleep, in other words, a healthy life style, will help any condition. Make sure you communicate any thing that may help to your doctor. Witholding any info - like the one nighter, will only make their job harder.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X