Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Provera.. and still no period!!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• provera

My dr told me that after you finish taking your last pill, you should have a period within 2 weeks. IF not, then you need to call your dr back, he may have to increase your dosage.

But the weird thing for me was I did not have a period for 6months...He told me to take the 1 pill a day, it was 10 pills total 10mg and he said after the last pill I would have a period in 2 weeks. But weirdly I took only 4pills and started spotting. So I stopped taking them. And what do you know I have a period the next day.

So I guess it's just different for everyone.

Comment

• hey.. i wrote this a realllllyyy long time ago... basically instead of getting my period i got pregnant... i now have a baby... 6 months old!!!

Comment

• i currently take provera every month. after your 10 days of pills it will take your body 3-7 days to have a start your cycle.

Comment

• My dr. told me that after I took the 10th pill I should have a period within 2weeks. If you don't have one within 2weeks..Then you may need to contact him to increase your dosage or change the medicaiton.

Weirdly for me...I had a period only after taking 4pills.

Comment

• provera problems

hey, i have endomitriosis. and the dr put me on provera 1 tablet 3 times a day. to stop my periods as i was on double of the pill.. and otherwise i have them 24/7 everyday of the year! i now have my periods and there not stopping. the dr wants me to keep taking the provera. any suggestions or experinces?

Comment

• we weren't trying! I was just hoping that maybe I might be pregnant, but with a negative test at the time, I got discouraged. I had a baby boy on Aug 16.2007, am now pregnant with second, due in august again!!

Comment

• Originally posted by cameeela View Post
                hey, i have endomitriosis. and the dr put me on provera 1 tablet 3 times a day. to stop my periods as i was on double of the pill.. and otherwise i have them 24/7 everyday of the year! i now have my periods and there not stopping. the dr wants me to keep taking the provera. any suggestions or experinces?

The only "logical" reason I can fathom is that you haven't been on provera very long, maybe less than a month, or a little over a month, so he wan'ts to discount, ensure, check...

CW
                PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• I only have 2-3 period a year

Okay I only have 2-3 period a year . IM not pregnant..i checked,
                  and the dr. put me on birth control and I was on them for 6 month and thay did'nt help me I want kids but know i don't know what to do the dr. want me to take hormone pills . what sould i do is there anything alse I can do ?

Comment

• Originally posted by CHANDLERS WISH View Post
                    The only "logical" reason I can fathom is that you haven't been on provera very long, maybe less than a month, or a little over a month, so he wan'ts to discount, ensure, check...

CW
                    hi, no its been a long time. so long i cant remember.. b4 this i was on double the pill. to stop them still with brakthro.

i am goin insane. i have had my periods everyday liek this for liek 9 years and no1 reckons they can help. im only 19 i wnat to have kids in the future.. but i think id rather miss out on that thencontinue with this for th next 10 or so years.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Am I dumb to love him?

Welcome to WHI. You are not dumb. Who a person ends up falling in love with is often not a conscious decision. Trying to convert a person who views having...

Today, 08:20 AM By jns
                    • Reply to Squirting and Orgasms in general, help

Your partner needs to spend a lot of time on foreplay. its all about foreplay. I'm just going to come out and say it. there is too much emphasis put on...

Today, 05:34 AM By Little_Man_in_the_Boat
                    • Am I dumb to love him?

Guy make it very clear to girl that it just a "transaction". If girl agreed, they will have sex. If not then there nothing left to talk about....

Today, 04:17 AM By sahw2015
                    • Reply to Cleaning your sex toys

I'm a big fan of soap and warm water to clean my sex toys. I don't worry about full sterilization because I don't share my toys and they rarely get so...

Yesterday, 01:29 PM By Kayla Lords
                    • Reply to Why am I crying every time we have sex?

I hear two things in this....

You're going through your own stuff - gaining weight, feeling depressed, being kind of "out of it"...

Yesterday, 01:28 PM By Kayla Lords

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                    X