Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

medical mystery

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• medical mystery

hi,

i am posting on these forums because i don't know what else to do... i've been to three gynocologists and they all tell me nothing is wrong, and even gotten an ultrasound with nothing wrong. my mother had possibly-cancerous ovarian cysts and had her uterus removed, my aunt i think has the same.

it started two years ago, when i had a bad throat infection and had to take antibiotics. my discharge, instead of being clear like usual, took on the consistency of diluted clay, so if i rolled it around between my fingers an actual clay-like substance would emerge. it itched for maybe 2 weeks, and then stopped. first i looked it up online and saw that sometimes yogurt helped it go away. i bought some, and tried it but it did not work. i also tried using garlic, another odd remedy, but that didn't work either. so i went to the doctor, without checking she said it was a yeast infection and gave me a pill to get rid of it. i took the pill, and it didn't go away -- i went back, she gave me another pill without checking. i went back again, she checked, did a swab and saw that there was "nothing" wrong, i, confused, let it be for a bit and then went to a gyno, who also checked and said it was nothing, and that sometimes my discharge changes, but told me to get an ultrasound -- which came out negative. went to a third one, who said the same as the second.

in the past couple of months, i've begun spotting in between periods as well, usually a few days after it's officially "over".

however, i know that there has to be something wrong with me. this discharge isn't "normal" like they say it is. it's hard for me to get sexually aroused because my clay-like discharge clogs the pores in my vagina, and the stuff accumulates on my underwear, leaving a slightly yellowish stain and at least a millimeter of it. according to my sexual partner, it tastes very sour.

i don't know what to do, i've gone to the doctors and they've all said there's nothing wrong, but i know there is. i just know it; this is not normal. please, does anybody know what i should do?

thanks for your time.

• i lost my virginity after this began happening, but i don't enjoy sex at all. for the first bit, it hurts, and then afterwards, i barely feel anything at all. he is rather well endowed, as well.

Comment

• Sounds like yeast is possibility. How did you use the garlic? Taken internally it can help but used as a suppository is most effective. Get organic garlic, you do have to be careful, you can burn yourself. Peel a clove and either crush it slightly or put several little slices into it. Insert it vaginally, change a couple times a day and leave one in at night. You will smell of garlic but it just may do the job for yeast or bacteria

Comment

• the thing is, though, that i've done quite possibly every cure for yeast, with no results. the gynos all did tests, and yeast came out negative... actually, once it came out positive but the discharge changed even then -- it smelled bad (it doesn't smell like anything now) and was more yellowy and also clay-like.

Comment

• Have you had a PAP test since this started? THere are a few things it could be that would show up on a PAP.

Comment

• that i did... it came back 100% negative

Comment

• lsun, I've been experience something almost identical for a a year and a half now. You said you had itching for awhile, but do you still have irritation from time to time?

I've been to the gyno countless times, tested for EVERYTHING: **all** STDs, yeast infection, bacterial vaginosis, cervicitis, strep...everything. It's all come back negative. I've been treated for yeast, BV, and cervicitis (despite not actually having any of them, the doctors were trying anything they could because they're clueless).

The ONLY thing I can really conclude, after months and months of research on this, is that I **may** have candida overgrowth, and I've recently begun self-treating myself for it. I can't tell if it's working, though, because even if it is it'll take months to even notice.

You might read into that, though. Candida overgrowth usually causes digestive problems in people, or makes them feel flu-like symptoms; but in women, chronic yeast infections and unsual discharge can also be symptoms. So read into it and see if that may be the case...unfortunately, I don't know that it's something a gyno can necessarily "diagnose."

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• stabbing pain

delete

09-19-2021, 10:09 AM By amy40
              • Epilady?!?

I was cleaning out an old trunk from my teen years and came upon the medieval torture implement, the epilady. For the uninitiated, it’s a device that...

09-16-2021, 11:32 PM By Wednesday L.F.
              • Phonesex, anyone?

In my 20s, I worked as a phonesex girl. It was fun and all, but it led me to not want to engage in that sort of activity in my personal life. Fast forward...

09-16-2021, 11:28 PM By Wednesday L.F.
              • Skyla IUD Sudden Period Problems

I’ve had my Skyla IUD for 2 and a half years now, no complications except for hormonal acne that’s managed well. It’s due to expire next May. My...

09-06-2021, 02:21 PM By LuckyWitch77
              Working...
              X