Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

yeast infection?? maybe i'm not sure

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeast infection?? maybe i'm not sure

The end of may or early June I developed cysts near my vagina from shaving, so I went to the gyno to get them drained (plus I had NO idea what they were) so anywho I get them taken care of but I didn't take all of my antibiotic (typical me I hate taking medicine). Then about a month ago I had a severe bladder infection. One again I did not finish taking all of my antibiotic. Now my vagina is very itchy and yesterday it burned slightly when I peed so figuring it was a yeast infection I went and go the azo yeast infection pills and the one day monistat. Well today when I woke up I felt 100% better, but as the day goes on the itching comes and goes (worst at times and then not at all). Also I have a discharge that not blood or brownish but like white with red dots (that only started after I used the monistat) it kinda looks like a medicine to me. Also now I'm cramping not like horrible cramps but just enough to get on my nerves. Does this sounds like a yeast infection or something worst? This may also had to the story in May i had worst on my fingers and feet injection with candadian which is yeast.

• I also have sex nearly everyday with my boyfriend if that helps as well.

Comment

• The one day Monistat simply means you only insert medication for one day...NOT that the infection clears up in one day. It could take several days to clear up altogether. Also, the one day treatment isn't always 100% effective, so if you still have sympoms after a week you need to either see a doctor or do the 7-day treatment.

If you and your boyfriend are having unprotected sex, and it really is just a yeast infection, he's probably infected and needs to be treated as well. If not, he could reinfect you while you're having sex.

Comment

• I figured it took longer than one day. I was just trying to see if it sounds like a yeast infection.

How would he get treated?

Comment

• He could get a dr's prescription for diflucan, it's a pill you take once that clears up a yeast infection. I've heard men can also smear monistat on the tip of their penis every night for...a week, maybe?...but I've never heard if it's effective or not, so I'd have him just go to the doc and get the prescription.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• what was the best fwb/no strings attached experience of your life?

....who was it with, how did you meet them, how long did it last and most importantly of all, what made the sex so amazing?...

Yesterday, 10:37 AM By Marissa91
          • Penis rings

So I need some help on penis rings. I need to experiment but first would like some input from those that have had success using them. Does a ring on just...

07-27-2021, 05:54 AM By JJ48
          • bleeding after

cause of bleeding after husband "fingering"

asked to see his nails after & they were longer than his finger
            could that...

07-26-2021, 04:56 PM By amy40
          • Your 3 top pleasurable positions

Ladies what are your 3 top pleasurable positions with a man or a strap on? And if there are more please list....

07-26-2021, 12:20 PM By JJ48
          • Breakthrough bleeding and BC

Hello! I've been on the combo pill (generic of Tri-Sprintec) for 4 years now. I take my pills every night at or around the same time never missing. More...

07-24-2021, 04:18 AM By Guest
          Working...
          X