Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post surgical bladder problems

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post surgical bladder problems

I'm 54 until Sunday. (GO BEARS!) I had a total hysterectomy (everything) December 7th due to an ovarian tumor. It took 4 doctors almost 4 months to find it. Due to the size it had to be surgically removed. It had grown up over the uterus, was the size of a honeydew melon, and weighed several lbs. I saw my gyny, and also a uro-gyny. Neither could feel this thing, which amazes me. It was finally found on a CT scan, and I was in having it removed 2 days later. After months of pain I was willing to do anything to feel better.

I have an incision from 2 inches above my navel down to the pubic bone. The tumor had attached to everything, including my colon and anus. Since surgery I have had problems with bouts of bad diarrhea, where I sometimes can't make it to the bathroom, and severe bladder pain, which is my worst problem. It feels as if someone is sticking a knife in my bladder and twisting it. I have pelvic pain and don't sleep much. Prolonged sitting is very painful. My doctors are aware of these issues, and haven't released me yet for work. I work for a large corporation and they feel I should be healed, so I am doing battle with them. Even letters from my doctor haven't helped.

Anyway, my question is, has anyone experienced anything like this? I am so frustrated and am beginning to feel depressed after weeks of this pain and discomfort. I see the doctor again tomorrow so I'll see what he has to say, but I appreciate any input on this subject.

• Oh my goodness! You have been through a lot! I hope you start feeling better soon!

I haven't been through anything like that, but was wondering how long it's been since you had the surgery? If you aren't happy with your treatment maybe you should get a second opinion? With all the bad incidents in the medical field these days, it's always better safe then sorry.

Definately don't let your work walk all over you either!

Comment

• Hi Mimi!
      I'm sorry your having such difficulty and pain. Are you having any other symptoms? Have you ran a temperature? Is your incision healed or is it still healing? Are you having any nausea or vomiting? You are over 7 weeks post-op and I feel that you should not be experiencing this much discomfort. Let me know the answers to the above questions and any other information you think is significant. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Comment

• surgical bladder problems

Thank you for the replies. No, I have had no fever since the first week after surgery, and no nausea or vomiting, just this awful twisting pain. I've had several rounds of antibiotics, and now he is trying me out on Pyridium to see if that helps. My incison is healed (I had 40 staples), but still hurts from where they cut through the navel. Sensitive area it seems.

My husband, who has moved to the spare room since I am so miserable at night, actually came in and woke me up last night to see if I was OK. It seems I was moaning and saying "OW" in my sleep. He is coming with me this morning to the doctor.

I actually had 2 surgeons, my gyny and a regular surgeon who dealt with the attachment part of it. The uro-gyny was also involved and popped in during the surgery. I may ask him if I should go see her again. I believe they all feel bad that it took so long to find. I'm not a huge overweight woman, so how can you miss a melon???? I'm in the Chicago area, and these are all very good reputable doctors. The 2nd surgeon has even written books on surgical safety. I'll give an update on what he has to tell me after my appt today.

Comment

• one more thing

I have Pelvic floor tension, and I have similar symptoms. Especially when sitting.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• matebook 14

One easy way to transfer your apps - From Social Media, Banking apps to News Apps and many, many more - contacts, data, files and photos from your old...

Yesterday, 01:59 AM By cikoxob
          • Reply to does birth control cause inflammation?

I haven't read any documentation on inflammation related to birth control pills. The risk of blood clots is well documented especially among smokers or...

10-20-2021, 01:15 PM By atskitty2
          • Reply to A night away - best sex in a long time

I can completely relate. I remember having sex facing an un-curtained hotel window (we were pretty high up near the top floor) overlooking the Detroit...

10-19-2021, 08:48 PM By Alison H.
          • Reply to A night away - best sex in a long time

I've found that hotel sex is some of the best sex I've ever had, and I think it's absolutely because I'm away from my normal routine and (especially)...

10-15-2021, 08:06 AM By Kayla Lords
          • Reply to does birth control cause inflammation?

The risk of blood clots with birth control definitely exists, and I've read the same (that the risks of getting one from birth control is higher than...

10-15-2021, 08:04 AM By Kayla Lords

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• matebook 14

One easy way to transfer your apps - From Social Media, Banking apps to News Apps and many, many more - contacts, data, files and photos from your old...

Yesterday, 01:59 AM By cikoxob
          • does birth control cause inflammation?

people post risks of covid vaccine including inflammation & blood clots
            however, read that birth control has even higher risks than vaccine...

10-13-2021, 07:10 AM By amy40
          • Finishing Inside: Are You a Fan?

Hey, guys!

I just wrote an article about finishing inside your partner and the reasons why people do it and enjoy it. But here's the cool...

10-05-2021, 11:01 AM By Vanessa R.
          • Estradiol level is at 610

Hi,

I'm 37 and have been struggling with irregular periods for a few years. I spent quite some time with either not getting my period to...

10-05-2021, 03:42 AM By Janney
          • A night away - best sex in a long time

We have 4 kids and my husband and I never, ever go away just the two of us. We spent a night just us up in Salem, Mass just the two of us. My husband...

10-03-2021, 03:12 PM By CapeCRunner
          Working...
          X