Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have HPV - information

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have HPV - information

I was diagnosed with Human papillomavirus (HPV) a year ago. I believe I got it from my last boy friend. The only way I knew I had it was that it showed up with a pap smear. I now have abnormal cells on my cervix which could become cancerous. I have to be checked every 4 months. There ususally aren't symptoms unless you get the type with genital warts. I had none.

There is no test for men. it is generally not an issue for men other than they can transmitt it to women. condoms aren't much help because the skin to skin contact around the genitals is enough to transmitt the virus.

Sometimes HPV can clear out in two years. I'm hoping mine will. Anyone else out there with HPV? I'd be intereted in your story.

• Hi there,

yes, I did have HPV about 10 years ago. there was about 2 actual warts which I used a cream for, and then I never saw any again. I was very conscious of my diet and lifestyle and really built up my immune system and was checked 3 years later and was given the all clear.

if you are a healthy and balanced woman I believe that you can clear anything. if you can get your body strong and clear the HPV out of your mind, so convince your self that you no longer have the virus, then you are as good as clear!

All the best.
    I am the blood of the earth, I am the womb of creation, I am the flow of the spirit, my body is the universe... Peruquois.

sigpic

Comment

• In most cases your body will take care of it. When I was younger we hadn't heard of this virus - probably not discovered yet. I had frequent abnormal paps, was biopsied a couple of times, it was never anything. There are many causes of abnormal paps, any unusual cell growth will cause one, even recent vigorous sex will do it.

You can help your body be reducing stress, learning some breathing and relaxation techniques, exersize, eat a healthy diet, keep a healthy weight. Taking L-Lysine can help inhibit the virus's ability to reproduce.

I'm over 50 and HPV free. Stress from worrying about this could supress your immune system and make it harder for your body to get rid of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WildChild View Post
        In most cases your body will take care of it. When I was younger we hadn't heard of this virus - probably not discovered yet. I had frequent abnormal paps, was biopsied a couple of times, it was never anything. There are many causes of abnormal paps, any unusual cell growth will cause one, even recent vigorous sex will do it.

You can help your body be reducing stress, learning some breathing and relaxation techniques, exersize, eat a healthy diet, keep a healthy weight. Taking L-Lysine can help inhibit the virus's ability to reproduce.

I'm over 50 and HPV free. Stress from worrying about this could supress your immune system and make it harder for your body to get rid of it.
        Originally posted by ilovemyyoni View Post
        Hi there,

yes, I did have HPV about 10 years ago. there was about 2 actual warts which I used a cream for, and then I never saw any again. I was very conscious of my diet and lifestyle and really built up my immune system and was checked 3 years later and was given the all clear.

if you are a healthy and balanced woman I believe that you can clear anything. if you can get your body strong and clear the HPV out of your mind, so convince your self that you no longer have the virus, then you are as good as clear!

All the best.

I agree with both posters. Eat a balanced diet (more fiber), exercise (I did lots of yoga), plenty of water, worry less, keep the issue away, get enough rest, have faith, and it will clear up. I was given an all clear after 6 months of doing these.

Comment

• I was told I had high risk (not the kind that causes warts) HPV in February of 2008 and my pap at that time was normal - no cell changes or anything like that.

I still had HPV as of March 2009 and had a colposcopy done in April 2009 due to an abnormal pap, because of mild cell changes. The colposcopy came back as being "normal." Soooo, I went back just this November for my 6 month follow up and, guess what, abnormal pap again and also still HPV+.

I've heard a lot of women go through the abnormal pap/normal colpo cycle. I know during one of my paps I had BV and another may have been too close to my period. WildChild was right. A lot of things can cause abnormal paps - sex, an infection, menstruation, etc.

I'm not really worrying about it at the moment, unless of course I receive something beyond the "mildly abnormal cells" result. I just do my best to eat right, exercise and reduce stress. Hopefully, that will help clear the HPV.

Comment

• I have HPV also. I found out during a normal routine pap too. All they told me was that I was at cin-1, which I guess is the first level, and it would most likely clear up within two years, but that it was important for me to have routine check-ups. They told me I had abnormal cells. I have not worried about it too much. I have not experienced any symptoms and feel as long as I keep my doctor updated, I will be okay.
            "Greatness is a lot of small things done well. Day after day..."

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X