Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please can someone help me? Im terrified!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please can someone help me? Im terrified!

Ok I am aware I may be over reacting a bit and its probably nothing to worry about but I would like some advice or just to talk to someone about this.
    I am 21 and I have been having problems 'down there' for a while. Ive had all types of weird discharge and bleeding in between periods.
    Ive had lower back pain and pelvic pain and I have also had trouble with my bowel movements.
    Whenever I have sex it is really painful so me and my boyfriend dont really do it much these days.
    I had a miscarriage when I was 19 also, thought I must add this as ive heard miscarriages can sometimes cause problems.
    I went for a smear and it was borderline...6 months later I had another and they said I had mild dyskaryosis.
    I went for a colposcopy 2 weeks ago and I am still waiting for my results and I am terrified...I suffer with hypercondria (however you spell it) as it is so its made me worry even more!
    Please can someone tell me what could be causing this or if anyone else has had the same kind of problems?
    Thanks! Sarah.

• Hypocondtriacs, do worry about everything.

All I can offer you is this.

They said "mild"... so that means that they can work with the problem...if there is one.

Stressing will only make it worse and I know you have trouble in that regard but give it a go..

Repeat to yourself, they said "mild", it's ok.

You really have to wait until the tests come back as to what, if anything they need to do next, it could be as simple as freezing any bad cells, or burning them off, which is a simple needle so you don't feel it, a little work and then you go home straight after.

I'm sure you will be fine.

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Menstruation/female issues is one of the most obvious areas of the body that responds to mental stress (all body parts and organs do, but the period and or issues with it are one area that you can actually see the stress affect it).

Almost every woman can think of a time they were worried about missing a period and missed it just from sheer worrying. Stress affects hormones and hormones regulate whats going down there quite a bit.

I use to suffer from bouts of hypochondria to the point that every weird pain anywhere sent me running to the emergency room etc... but I've learned to calm myself and not get carried away with thoughts of something being wrong.

The mind is so powerful you can use it to work in your favor instead of against you when it comes to things like that. When you get a pain somewhere for example pick the most common and least harmful think it could possibly be and tell yourself... that is what it is..convince yourself of it and let it go.

Of course if a symptom is troublesome and recurring the best thing is to see a doc and let them tell you what it is, but if they've tested and you are just waiting... convince yourself its the least troublesome thing while you wait. No point worrying as your body feels the worry and creates more symptoms.
      Scars remind us of where we've been...they don't have to dictate where we're going.

Comment

• Ok thank you both very much for your replies

I will let you both know when I get the results, I think I might get them today because its been over 2 weeks now.

Sarah

Comment

• I'm not going to say nothing is wrong but you don't have to think about the worst case scenario. Mildly abnormal pap smear results can be caused by lots of things including minor infections. Pain, discharge, and bleeding could all be symptoms of an infection which would then just mean some antibiotics and things are all better. There are plenty of easily solved problems that could cause all your symptoms. They should have taken a tissue sample during the colposcopy and will be able to give you more details and treatment soon.

Comment

• Thanks Sarah, we really do want to know how you go

CW
            PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X