Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missed periods and rotting animal smell

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed periods and rotting animal smell

Hi,

I didn't have a period for five months and started today and it is extremely heavy and it smells like a dead animal.

I had my tubes tied 12 years ago, so I don't think I am pregnant.

I am 42 and this has been an extremely stressful year for me which might be why I skipped so many months, but I skipped three months at the beginning of the year before my stress levels went up.

I have had multiple urinary tract infections (every six weeks) over the past year and two months. I had my urethra stretched in February and that didn't help that problem.

Does anyone have any idea as to what is going on with me?

Thanks,

Annabelle

• Extra info

I also wanted to add this:

I went to my regular doctor in May and had a pap smear done and it was normal. Although, I do have a cyst on my cervix that makes it difficult for them to do a cervical scrape and it has been there for almost 20 years. It goes down from the cervix all the way to the opening. I also had an ultrasound and there was no signs of any problems there.

Thanks,

Annabelle

Comment

• That doesn't sound too fun! I'd try and get into the Dr to see if they can help you out.

Comment

• I'm no doctor but ask if a D&C might be advisable. Get everything cleaned out and make a fresh start?

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X